Got My Permit Today

Lotta truth to that.

1 Like

You have it backwards… buy a gun, get training, THEN get the LTC. :smiley:

What are you going to buy?

That training needs to involve real world, real life scenario training.

Until you’ve been through these scenarios and developed a plan for each of them you’re really not preared.

Your reaction time can be cut from 4-10 seconds down to under one by simply being able to recognize what’s going on instantly and start acting on a predetermined plan of action.

1 Like

Not really, the snub nose greatly limits accuracy/range.

3" or longer is preferable until you’ve truly mastered shooting a handgun.

1 Like

Not really, just don’t buy one and start carrying without training first.

As long as you have the whole package together before you start carrying you’re good.

I’ve had handguns since I was 12, but never got my LTC until 92 even though we could legally carry them in the vehicle and have them in the home unlicensed.

There are so many eccentricities in actually carrying in trying to remain within the law you really need to learn the laws inside out before venturing into the “lifestyle”.

Training buids competence, competence builds confidence. You can start carrying with minimal training and still be prepared to shoot safely at very short distances if you can pass the qual’s but to be prepared for most of the real world shooting scenarios you may face down the road you need a much bigger picture of what’s going on around you and much more skill in placing shots beyond the 12’ line.

I use a snuff can to represent head shots, and a 1lbs coffee can to measure competency for body shots, trace a circle. The maximum range at which you can place all your rounds in that circle is your maximum range of competency.

I highly recommend a Colt Walker made by Uberti.
Excellent for concealed carry.

For revolvers I’m a big fan of the Ruger GP100 and SP101 in 38/357, and the Taurus 5 shot trackers in 44sp/mag and .45 Colt.

Five shots, four or five inches. I have the titanium models to make them a bit lighter.

Sounds like you live in a nice area where law and order is enforced.

Have you thanked someone in Blue today?

You’re not alone. The numbers speak for themselves.

1 Like

A black powder .44 cal revolver for a novice shooter? Really?

I appreciate cops…the good ones anyway.

Well technically it’s 45 caliber.

The majority of them are.

You should make an effort to let them know you appreciate them.

Don’t show it to him yell “SEE WHAT I GOT! SEE WHAT I GOT!”

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Andre the Giant couldn’t conceal that 5 pound chunk of iron.

1 Like

You can get a Concealed Carry Permit from Virginia over the internet. Take a 10 question test and that’s it. No range qualifying. It’s recognized in 30 something states including mine.
Much easier than getting one here in Texas.

Seems like a challenging test though…

Tell the officer you have a gun in the car and tell him where it is.
I’ve done that two or three times and I’ve never found a cop that seemed to care.

1 Like

Hey, it was good enough for Gus McCrae.
OK, so I accidentally left out the part about concealing it on your horse.

Now I want to take mine to the range tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Easy Peasy.
1 - B
2 - C
3 - B
4 - C

I’m good to go.