GOP trying to take credit for stimulus bill they voted against

Aren’t they also the most populous states?

Yes they are.

Makes sense.

I missed one, the one getting 4th highest amount, are Tribal Governments.

Complete list here:

As has been pointed out repeatedly…what you said would happen (blue states like CA, NY, and IL would get way more money than any other state) actually isn’t going to happen.

But say it did. Um…since the $350 B is designed to replace state and local tax revenues lost due to states and localities shutting down businesses, why would you expect a state that kept businesses open to have lost state and local tax revenues?

Would this not be a classic case of “not needing relief aid”?

Being open didn’t mean business as usual, you could be open and still losing money. Restaurants may be open here but I am not eating out as an example. The share of the money is based on UE rates, blue states by and large have higher UE due to more draconian shut downs.

And you should measure it per capita, not by total to get a real answer.

2 Likes

except of course that my opinion is not wholly unsupported. 60% of the money goes to states that voted for biden. further cities that went blue in red states will get a higher per capita share than the states due to use of the block grant formulae for them. counties are all treated the same, which is good. that still does not rebut the idea that the money is not connected to covid relief, it is in fact “unrestricted”. I have little doubt that all states had some economic impact that has not been previously addressed, but not near this much.

60% of the money is going to 60% of the country

1 Like

The so called “stimulus bill” sucked. There is nothing to take credit for.

no, its not.

Yes it is. What is the population in the states that Biden won? How much of the total population do those states represent?

nope, 60% of the money is going to states with 56% of the population, with ca, ny and il all getting a higher per capita share by about 7% and tx and fl lower by about 14%. my opinion is supported by facts… your denial is just that, denial.

That is not correct

From that perspective, 67 million more people lived in counties won by Biden (197.9 million) than in those won by Trump (130.3 million).

A county going for,Trump or Biden does not mean everyone in that county voted for one or the other. Therefore using total county pop and attributing the whole to one candidate, is bogus.

He said more money was going to areas that Biden won, not that everyone in those areas voted for Biden.

weren’t talking about counties were we?

dishonest much?

i already said the breakdown for counties is per capita, which is good.

i said nothing about “areas”.

stop making ■■■■ up and attributing it to me

Which means the same for states

completely false, state money is based on the 3 month average of unemployment ending in dec

We need someone to post that I am not doing it even though you see me meme again. Democrats favored democrats states by tying it to UE which was generally higher in blue states with more draconian lockdowns. It’s not even arguable.

2 Likes

Tribal governments received 20 billion.
Did you factor that in?

didn’t need to, it was already factored into the story which divided everything up, state/county/city. the tribal money isn’t included in those.