GOP trying to take credit for stimulus bill they voted against

Rep Salazar of florida
So proud to announce that the Biden Administration has just implemented my bipartisan COVID relief bill as part of

@SBAgov

policy!

senator wicker
Independent restaurant operators have won $28.6 billion worth of targeted relief.

This funding will ensure small businesses can survive the pandemic by helping to adapt their operations and keep their employees on the payroll.

Rep Kinzinger
"Today, I’m glad to know my constituents will be receiving an additional relief payment and funding to help improve their access to vaccines, PPE, and unemployment insurance.

I fully support getting assistance to Americans to help keep food on their tables and to help those who are struggling. I fully support continued funding for emergency essentials like vaccines, COVID testing, PPE, school reopening resources, unemployment insurance, and research. And I’ll continue to work with my colleagues in the House to ensure the American people have what they need to fight through this pandemic."

all 3 voted AGAINST the bill. they must think their constituents are real idiots

1 Like

When was the left saying vaccines would be ready again?

And who is now doing victory laps about vaccine distribution?

Yeah. You found three hypocrites but support a whole party of them.

4 Likes

That’s not even remotely the same.

I wouldn’t bet that Dems never championed parts of a bill they didn’t vote for though.

A trump supporter complaining about hypocrites.

I love this place.

3 Likes

I didn’t vote for him either time. But thanks for playing.

Nope. Not the same at all.

They just complain about spending when they would have spent more, complain about covid responses when they would have done less, complain about systemic racism in the cities they run, complain about wars they voted for, and complain about crime bills their current president sponsored.

You’re right. It’s a whole new level of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

so they can’t possibly have supported parts of the bill while opposing the rest? they can’t be happy about the parts they supported going through?

of course they can

They told you what they were for and would have voted for, what is the problem?

1 Like

Yes…much less money than the law actually provided.

We know that.

:sunglasses:

In other words, sane people.

Sane people want to give people who are struggling less relief?

Um…OK.

John Kerry voted for the $87 billion before he voted against it.

:rofl::rofl:

Are you really pretending that is all that is in the bill? If someone didn’t miss a paycheck, do they still get “relief”?

yes, the 90% that is not covid related would not have been spent, and shouldn’t have been. thanks for highlighting the fact that republicans support covid relief and oppose attaching xmas ornaments to emergency relief

2 Likes

History will look back at this as one of the worst bills to ever come out of DC.

Is it not possible to be for certain provisions of a bill but so opposed to others that one votes against the bill as a whole?

Did they vote on the bill or the provisions they are touting?

There was a bipartisan, standalone $1400 stimmy bill. Democraps killed it because all it did was help Americans out.

1 Like

STIMMY!

My new favorite

1 Like

That it made no distinction as to whether anyones income was actually harmed by covid to qualify for relief is ample reason all by itself not to vote for it.

1 Like

Link to this “90% that is not covid related”?
TIA