GOP trying to take credit for stimulus bill they voted against

Isn’t that the goal in representing one’s state? Republicans don’t do the same when they have the majority?

cares act was distributed per capita

eta: there was a base + per capita, there is a base + in this too, but not per capita

How did Trumps stimulus deliberately favor red states?

You didn’t read the post you replied to?

Can my state legislature remedy the problem Biden created? And of course, 35 billion is less than 89 billion by a fair amount.

goalpost shift noted

1 Like

Put more people on unemployment?

1 Like

So what? It is still an example of Republicans favoring their constituents over others. The same thing you’re criticizing Democrats for

Happy to criticize them both.

Yet you didn’t. You defended the Trump tax cuts. Not once did you criticize the unequal nature of them.

1 Like

Perhaps but as was pointed out, red states were not getting shortchanged like was being said.

Well it wasn’t as blatant. But in retrospect, I should have criticized it. Not that what we do or don’t criticize means a tinkers damn.

You said yourself that people who didn’t lose work shouldn’t be compensated

Yes it was

Yes I did and you just quoted me saying they did lose out even if they were open.

Did they lose as much as someone who wasn’t open at all?

Variable. A large open restaurant can easily lose more than a small closed one. In any case, I am not sure this applies to those funds. Thought it was only for the portion going to state government.

Which company lost a more proportionate part of their income?

Also variable, you can be open and have zero profit or lose money, at least the closed one can’t keep losing money.

I liked most of his policies. Not all, but most. But I considered the man himself a toxic personality and not the image of who I wanted representing our country. I haven’t voted for one of the two major candidates since 2004. The right has been horrible in their nominations.

1 Like