GOP on Ukraine War

nope, not lindsey girl. Never did like him. He has never seen a war he didn’t like. Some are worth it, some are not. This one is for several reasons.

1. Weakening Russia directly is in our interest
  2. Getting rid of Putin is in our interest’
  3. Strengthening Europe is in our interest’
  4. The cost is bargain basement considering what it would cost us to do it ourselves
  5. We aren’t fighting in it.

As an added benefit, Europe now sees that they must spend to defend themselves which will eventually allow us to change our status in NATO and concentrate more fully on China. Like it or not, until Europe can defend itself we are stuck there. This is our way out.

Very good questions!

Objective. Best Answer IMO is Desantis…Secure Peace. Runner up Trump with Secure Europe.

Aid limit. Best Answer IMO is Trump talk to Putin…Need to talk. Runner up is Desantis. Current limit.

Pence Scott Christie all out with claiming Ukraine is a vital interest.

Trump and Desantis are a toss up. I expected Trump to answer well. Desantis is a pleasant surprise here.

1 Like

This is why backing off the escalatory rhetoric and focusing on a cease fire is priority one IMO.

1 Like

Allowed to win or a failure of the UN to unite (China) to halt aggression?

We cannot do this without better international unity.

Exactly! :+1: :clap: :clap:

not even close. a cease fire now is a russian victory. let Ukraine get the systems it was promised, put Russia back on its heels, and then negotiate from a strong position. Russia’s choices should be to leave peacefully, or leave in bags. Leaving peacefully could result in some negotiated wins for them, i.e., Crimean autonomy (they won’t get to keep it), some security arrangement for Ukraine outside of NATO.

1 Like

we can, and we are.

Systems? That’s yet another escalation of the war.

No way should we send them systems nor should they have ever been promised.

We have no dog in this fight and need to get out.

4 Likes

If one has heard Putin’s views on the decline of Western Civilization it’s understandable why the left has identified him as public enemy #1.

2 Likes

no its not. the idea that it is is nothing but russian propaganda straight off the desk of putin

I am of the opinion it is escalatory and not the policy to follow.

We saved Ukraine from the fate of Crimea. Now is the time to talk.

4 Likes

I disagree.

Ukraine saved itself with what they had plus the manpads and javelines Trump gave them.
They pushed Russia back once we gave them western artillery including Himars.
They are currently at a stalemate more or less having not received anything more.
Once they get the tanks, IFV’s and APC’s and sufficient ammo, they will push Russia back more.

Whether they push them all the way out, back to the 2014 lines or just a bit more, that will be the time to negotiate. They have withstood the “great Russian offensive”, now Russia has to withstand theirs.

2 Likes

Ukraine may be Europe vital interest but Russia is ours.

1 Like

Bull Feathers. I don’t know or care what putin puts out.

I do care that thing seems to be escalating and we shouldn’t have gotten involved to begin with.

The whole country of Ukraine isn’t worth the loss of even one of my grandchildren imo.

Boots on the ground is where this thing seems to be headed. That was the excuse in Vietnam as well.

The Domino theory and we gotta stop the Russians. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“Lend lease” is Latin for free and nation building and 100 years of protection.

2 Likes

E
S
C
A
L
A
T
I
O
N

3 Likes

and yet you repeat it

they are no escalating, and we should have supported ukraine more strongly after russia invaded

and we aren’t fighting there, and i do not support us fighting there

no, its not, thats just your fear

not escalation

5 Likes

he also said his limit was planes and long range missiles. so basically continue brandon’s policy