GOP Delays Immigration Vote

You know there’s more than one center, right?

“Trump created the problem” LOL. The problem has been ongoing.

Nothing had changed under the Obama administration, and the beginning of the Trump administration. The parents were breaking the law, similarly to if they had been doing heroin, and these detention centers are not in bad shape. At all. But you want to cry and complain that they are “concentration camps.”

That’s all conservatism has become. It’s always the fault of Democrats.

Still doesn’t change the fact these kids were ripped from their parents and are already emotionally traumatized. Ever wonder why there aren’t state run orphanages?

I didn’t say there wasn’t. However, these facilities are not run-down. They are fairly nice.

Well, then all they have to do is bring something to the floor to vote on. :wink:

You have made a ton of assertions in this thread and been asked to back those assertions up.

So far, you have not done so, but simply keep repeating assertions.

Kids will be ripped from their parents, if their parents are breaking the law. It’s not the kids’ fault. And it might be better than the conditions they were staying in their country of origin.

I have backed them up. They asked me to provide pictures, and so I did.

Switch that around. The Democrats seem to think it’s all the Republicans’ fault, and don’t own any responsibility.

Trump created the recent “crisis” by making separation policy. Then, after whining that someone else had to end it, he ended it. Totally manufactured crisis.

Are you saying that there are 0 abuses at detention centers and they’re all just like a youth center?

Quote me suggesting as much. Just once will do.

No place is nice to a little kid when he’s being guarded by someone who looks a lot like the thugs he was running away from.

One party controls all 3 branches of government, and can do whatever it wants without approval from a single (D). What happens in our government right now is solely owned by Republicans.

Child-detention centers are okay as long as they are nice. What happens inside them is a secondary concern. Hooray morality!!!

So you support child abuse. Good to know.

Those seeking asylum aren’t breaking the law.

1 Like

If they don’t agree with the bill, then I “blame” them for having different opinions than the Republicans…as they are certainly allowed to do. No, what I am objecting to is those saying their voting against the bill does not make them responsible for the bills failure. Of course if they vote against the bill and it fails, but would have passed if they had voted for the bill, then they are responsible for the bills failure. To those who think the bill is wrong, then they will think that is a good thing that they are responsible for the bills failure. But they cannot pretend that Democrats are not responsible for the bills failure…and that is the ridiculous claim being put forward.

The fact that you describe them as this shows that you think these centers are incarceration centers. I’ve been to a place like that myself, a psych hospital, and these places are NO WHERE NEAR what I experienced there. Look up Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health Center. That’s where I stayed. There were investigations of child abuse, and neglect.

Conservatives: “the family unit is paramount to a healthy society, a mother, father, and child must be together!!”

Also conservatives: “who cares if kids are ripped from their parents and families are torn apart? Where they’re staying is nice!”

Republicans need exactly zero votes outside of their party and yet they still whiffed. That is also a mathematical fact

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law. Crossing the border illegally is breaking the law, even if they subsequently, when caught, claim asylum.

1 Like