GOP Delays Immigration Vote

Those entering illegally are. And it seems that you support child abuse, given that you want the children to join their parents in jail-like conditions.

The child abusers are those who drag their children in on their own illegal acts.

1 Like

So you would rather have children be with their parents where they’ll probably be raped, mugged, beaten, and who knows what else. Good to know.

This is absolutely not what you said.

THIS is what you said:

Largely, because Democrats are a total blocking force to progress

Equating the GOP legislation to “progress” that the Dems are blocking.

Dude…please stop being so disingenuous. You’re better than this.

Your idea of progress and mine are different.

This has to be one of the most asinine things I’ve ever seen you type.

I called them detention center. Detention=the state of being detained. The children are being detained. I neither stated or implied they were incarceration centers. I asked what visits you’ve made to any of the detention centers to be able to give us a first-hand account of the knowledge that you seem to be 100% sure is true.

And there are investigations of child abuse and neglect at some of the detention centers for immigrant children.

I’m not stating they’re concentration camps, or incarceration centers, or prisons. I’m only stating they’re detention centers, and I’m trying to find out what your basis for acting like they’re church camps is. It appears to be a single article about a single center, and you’re convinced.

Stop trying to conflate and twist and put words in my mouth. You’re beating down a straw man that has nothing to do with what I’ve stated and asked.

Focus. Don’t deflect. Tell us about the visits you’ve made to any of the detention centers housing immigrant kids.

1 Like

I was abused as a child; they don’t know what child abuse is. I’ve witnessed it, I’ve experienced it. These people are crying wolf, and I bet haven’t seen it happen or been through it. Sad, they are projecting their own insecurities onto Conservatives.

No- that’s you wanting to leave them in their home country because they are so desperate to get out they didn’t wait at the clogged port of entry but instead crossed, found the first border patrol agent they could find and surrendered.

Which is a perfectly valid way to surrender and we had a special process set up to deal with those that request asylum that way…but that was sacrificed for the “zero tolerance policy” instead.

Do you feel that particular misdemeanor level infraction is justification for breaking up families whose greatest motivation is to create a better life for their chidlren?

And there it is, FlameHeart knows what every single child being detained has experienced because they can’t possibly worse than what she went through personally.

You seem to be very self-centered. You don’t seem to have a lot of empathy or understanding of the world outside your confirmation bias bubble.

3 Likes

It still shows what you think of them. Detention center = incarceration center. They are both detained. They are synonymous. You’re the one trying to deflect and minimize what you’ve said, while accusing me of supporting child abuse. Get a grip.

Your idea of progress seems to be that whatever gets proposed by the GOP, the Dems must go along with even if all the GOP doesn’t, else they’re “blocking progress”.

A standard to which you DO NOT hold Republicans.

1 Like

That’s load of crap and you know it.

I was abused as a child as well but what does that have to do with this discussion?

Wow, really? I’ve never heard that before! Please, tell us in your own words, how you’ve seen and experienced child abuse. I’ll wait. You don’t know what it is like, and it’s sickening that you are using the concept to push your sick agenda. I’m done with you.

Did you really just accuse people of making stuff up because you don’t have an anecdote about it?

Because liberals don’t have any idea of what it is.

Did you really just say no liberal has ever been abused as a child?

1 Like

So you support him. You must support child abuse too, by your support of your little buddy over here accusing other people of supporting child abuse yet would rather children be held in jail-like conditions with their parents.

Incarcerate carries an implication that detention does not, which is exactly why you’re trying to spin the meaning of what I said and meant. Stop it. Immigrant children are being held in detention centers. That’s a fact, and the word I chose has no hidden meaning. It’s a valid word to use.

Where did I accuse of of supporting child abuse? Stop lying.