Goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the

Vaccinate teachers

There are many of “these of high intellect” who are under the protection of union contracts and are not compelled to be vaccinated. They can refuse vaccine, continue to be paid their full salaries and conduct their protracted version of zoom meeting “virtual instruction” from wherever they choose.
Lifting the “state of emergency” by the governors would in effect reset back to Feb/ March 2020.
But good luck with that.

Can’t, unless they want to. Same goes for me at my union job.

yes- I know they can’t be forced, but make them a priority group. Every teacher I know wants it, and it would make work much safer.

Not in NJ they can’t. Which states are allowing teachers to choose?

Everybody wants it. Who shouldn’t be a priority group?

Teachers work in confined areas with unvaccinated students. They are in a high risk situation.

Every group can come up with a justification.

This isn’t a made-up justification. They work in old, poorly ventilated buildings with unvaccinated children. If it’s a priority to fully reopen schools, to put 20 kids in a classroom where social distancing would be impossible, vaccinate teachers.

Some states have already made them a priority.

None of the others are either. Who shouldn’t be a priority.

What did Fauci say about vaccinating teachers?

1 Like

I agree that teachers should be towards the front of the line, they are truly essential workers and today, we found common ground. :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Younger people who do not work in close quarters with unvaccinated people.

Like which group? Obviously not students. They work in the same quarters as teachers.

I really don’t know what is specifically in a teachers union contract. So I don’t know what would compel them to get the vaccine. Like for me, they can tell me I can’t work without the vaccine, but I’d just be sitting home at full pay until a new contract or MOA that says differently.

These were school board members, not teachers.

You don’t pay a dime of their salaries or benefits.

1 Like

In our district, for some of the lower teacher positions and for the paraprofessionals, the salary is lower than a job at Dunkin Donuts.

1 Like

Perfect… That’s people in govt and what they really thing. Odd, how so many leftist worship the people in govt as living gods. Put you moo maks on and obey!

1 Like

Yeah, I remember the video of one teacher’s union official sunning herself in lovely Puerto Rico while her district suffered. People are really starting loathe these jackasses.

vaccine isn’t approved for under 16.

Who should wait?? My own kids, for example. my 3 kids + 2 spouses all work in tech, and their companies closed their offices. They’ve been working from home for a year. No office, no commute.

All the NJ teachers I know are working full time on a hybrid schedule. - half class in half virtual- alternating days.