Good News!? April Jobs 263k

at what point does the left and media no longer give Obama credit for the economy?

When he is less than half of this historic recovery, you have like 5 years to go :upside_down_face:

This is his recovery, Trump is riding coattails while blowing up the deficit.

That’s the great thing about numbers, they don’t bend, so people have to.

<3% growth is “high gear” now.

If the numbers were to go the wrong way, that Obama name would disappear.

You’re right. I mean look at this chart of the unemployment rate!! It’s totally obvious where Trump reversed all of those choking regulations and the economy rebounded.

2 Likes

Well, I’m giving credit to Trump and Trump alone at this point.

I just find it odd that conservatives cannot give any credit to Obama for similar or even better numbers.

And libs on this forum continue to acknowledge the good news. Yay jobs!

1 Like

Whenever the economy did something under Obama, Republicans used 2 lines of CEC-driven drivel:

One was “in spite of Obama”, the economy improved.
Two was that it was due to part time workers over-inflating jobs and that the real unemployment number was around 42%.

Now that Trump is in office, Republicans are quick to bow to King Trump, heaping praise upon the omnipotent one.

1 Like

I thought that libzes were going to be angry at this news. What happened?

I can’t give him any credit.

He could have been serious about closing the southern border, willing to let the shutdown continue beyond airport closures, and lots of other stupid ideas that we were saved from because his subordinates just ignored or pacified his impulse in a less damaging way.

He gets a participation star just for not touching anything too important.

1 Like

Right.

Oh and guess what the deficit is right now?

3 Likes

Reality. Reality happened.

Folks on one side of the spectrum appear to be better at accepting reality–without pointless dis-qualifiers about the participation rate and “but we really need to add 300K jobs to avoid losing ground,” “real unemployment is actually 42%…” etc.-- than the other.

3 Likes

exactly

1 Like

CNN activists look like they are reporting the death of their best friend.

Where are you seeing this?

Well, ya cause it would be the reversal of the trend Trump inherited which means he ■■■■■■ it up

1 Like

To go along with man-in-the-house, I neglected to mention the dimocrats policies that caused high unemploymemt, high crime, crumbling infrastructure, poverty, low education, high incarceration, high drug use, high abortion rates, political corruption and social unrest all in dimocrats city strongholds for decades.

Many of those things still going in full swing in dimocrat city strongholds.

Congratulations!

Sure would be nice to finally get rid of dimocrat ghettos in our cities. That would keep people employed for decades to come.

well of course

it’s like i’m watcing msnbc

Does the President really have that much control over the economy???
During the last two years of Obama’s Presidency, the Republicans controlled the House and Senate, and they controlled at least 30 of the States Governorship. During that time, the Unemployment rate fell from 5.7% down to 4.7%. Link
The labor participation rate remained essentially unchanged during those last two years. The GDP growth for 2015 was at 2.9%. And the deficits during those last two years dropped to under $600 billion a year. But most Trump Republicans want us to believe that the economy didn’t really start to pick up until Cheeto Jesus became President in January of 2017.

Pennsylvania recently recorded their lowest unemployment rate ever, but their Governor is a Democrat. California is completely controlled by Democrats, and their unemployment rate has been under 4.5% for over the last six months.