Good News? 07/02

just to repeat…

I should have said

3…2…1…go

but if they hadn’t gone back, the left would have said Trump’s unemployment numbers show he’s incompetent and unable to manage the economy. You know, I know it.

That is beside the point…it is not job creation. I am glad to see people going back to work. Those of us who were lucky enough to continue to get paid and have a job to do were very lucky. Those who did not have jobs, were more than happy to get back to the job from which they were laid off.

Do not underestimate trump supporters.

If the sun went out, they would say.

Great, no need for refrigerators.

Allan

Yes. Lonesome Warrior creating jobs!

Come on…

These two events aren’t remotely comparable.

In 2007-08 we had a catastrophic economic collapse.

In 2020, we shut down the economy!

Both are terrible in their own ways, but they aren’t the same beasts. They both had their own unique challenges.

But comparing the UE and job numbers of the two events is silly. They aren’t the same thing.

1 Like

I haven’t read past this first post. But I’m going to guess that the English language will be brutalized in this thread.

Jobs added or created versus lost jobs returning, as an example.

1 Like

4th post in. Not surprising.

1 Like

Seriously though. I just don’t know how to interpret the numbers. Gains in leisure and hospitality was 2.1 million. Which makes sense, but…So I really don’t know.

I did not mean to reply to my own post. Mistake. For the record.

Unfortunately the report only goes to mid month, which was when we were still trying to reopen and the numbers hadn’t exploded.

2 Likes

Most of those gains in leisure and hospitality are gone. Bars and restaurants are all shutting down again. Hotels are at like going out of business levels of terrible.

1 Like

you can make that case only in the sense that Sneaky did above where he said that all government can do is restrain and release restraints on businesses that hire.

And even in that sense - if I were inclined to argue with the sneaky - I would argue that it is a semantical issue only. For example, if there is a dam and I break the dam, one can legitimately say ‘Callmeishmael created a flood’ when in fact I simply released the stored water and removed the previous restriction on its flowing.

In the job context, in contrast to Trump, Biden would issue unconstitutional national lockdowns which would restrain business. So given that Trump is NOT restraining business to that extent, he is - through his respect for the constitutional limitations of government - creating jobs. One can insist that he is simply allowing jobs to be created but it is a semantical difference since the other presidential contender would be killing jobs through his policies that would be completely at odds with Trump’s policies.

That’s my concern, so I don’t know how to take this report.

Exactly correct. It is a snapshot from around June 12th, which just happens to coincide with when COVID cases were in a valley and before the big surge in cases swept the country.

Take a look at the chart below…

Trust me. I work in hospitality. Almost everyone I know is back out of a job again.

sorry for the honesty check but … I think your post is attempting to attribute a psychological state of Trump that he did not express. I’m curious, where did you find the expression “lonesome warrior”? I can only find “lone warrior”, which is not the same. For example, I might have plenty of friends and family and am not lonesome but I might be the lone warrior in that group if the others are unable or unwilling to fight .

Curious that your post attaches an unproven psychological state to our president . Very curious :thinking:

Exactly. And businesses like Chuck-E-Cheese declaring bankruptcy, among a slew of others that will forever be closed. Texas Roadhouse is another that closed over 300+ locations and went out of business. These are not coming back. They are permanent losses.

Why bother “debating” this? You know what is actually happening from these employment numbers.

Plus, with FL, CA, TX, and other states closing down bars and restaurants again, UE numbers sadly will be going up again.

Did you catch what amazing piece of legislature Lone Ranger signed in order to create all of these jobs?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277977452187275266

Not lonesome, but Jesus, what do you need?