Good News? 07/02

@conan, how many jobs were lost in the last few months and what is the current unemployment number?

And like Obama then Trump has a long way to go now in order to regain the lost jobs from this downturn. Less than 1/3 the way there and it looks like we’re headed for yet another downturn with the new shutdowns. This isnt the positive you think it is

1 Like

Pesky facts

I had my coffee this morning…

“Created or Saved” was the Obama mantra, remember?

Never let facts get in the way of a decent fabrication of jobs numbers. The only people I had to lay off were my four van drivers. Because we had no one going anywhere. I will be bringing them back in the next week or two. Not new jobs…same jobs.

1 Like

So Trump has yet to save the other 23 million lost jobs

1 Like

whats the participation rate?

1 Like

Don’t believe these phony numbers. The number is probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.

2 Likes

let me guess. Ummmmm… someone in your Whatabout world?

Glad to see you recognize “whataboutism” as the integrity check that it really is. I’ll save you from the tired and erroneous nonsense about Tu Quoque fallacies.

So that said… it’s fine to compare and contrast with previous statements. So IIRC the issue was with Obama’s cheezy jobs counting as real jobs. Considering that he simultaneously crowed about actually ADDING people to the EBT rolls ( or whatever fed provides to people on welfare), it would seem to be a legitimate suspicion that his jobs were not really good jobs. I’m open to hearing a rebuttal but I’m not going to go on wild goose chases that I often see here, such as:

Please provide the names of Americans under the Obama administration who simultaneously showed up as gaining employment while staying on welfare rolls.

waiting

waiting

Ha! Crickets!

So you got nothin’ :rofl:

How are Trump’s numbers being counted differently?

you tell me. it’s another wild goose chase you will have to do yourself.

No no the issue in that quote was that the bls numbers were cooked. Specifically that the unemployment rate is high and that the participation rate is low.

The issue of part time and low paying jobs wasn’t being addressed in the that rhetoric

That’s the one I couldn’t remember…lol

I’ll give you a hint. They are figured in the same exact manner that they were by the previous administration

You are correct in that the participation rate was a factor in the criticism too.

the biggest problem with this (or any jobs report)especially right now is its a snapshot. the jobs number uses a survey number in the middle of the month. so it doens include any effects form the reclosing of businesses.

1 Like

It’s weird how that criticism suddenly died even though Trump is continuing what he himself criticized

1 Like

I am correct because the quote that you addressed wasn’t talking about low paying and shovel ready jobs but that the numbers weren’t real. It was later followed by “the number is probably 28, 29, as high as 35 [percent]. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."

The “ heard” part was meant to shift it from being the outright lie that it was

Aside from direct and contractor plus ups due to conflict and such, the government does not “create jobs”. No President does.

The government does not “create” anything but rules. No rule is going to create a job.

The only positive influence government has is by removing restrictions on the private sector, then the private sector decides what to do in the new environment.

These jobs weren’t created. They were throttled by government rules. Then the choking was lessened, so the numbers improved.

All a government such as we have can do is hinder the creativity of others, at times necessary, through rules. The very etymology of the word govern is to rule (steer). Rules by their very nature are restricting.

1 Like