God and the Devil

There is a lot of opinion to that.

God is very interested in proper narrative constructs and abstract symbolism.

God is asleep under the sea. You would be a fool to wake Him.

I am a little fuzzy on this. Can you give me an example?

Experience, too, wouldn’t you say?

Opinions based on experience are still opinions.

Observations of experiences become data which can also be factual. But in any case, it is something to ponder.

This isn’t based on scripture, but on divine revelation.

I believe that your afterlife consists of you replaying the life you’re currently living, but with more knowledge of how your actions affected those around you, and with a high degree of empathy for those people.

Whether this experience is Heaven or Hell is entirely dependent on you.

I saw bigfoot.

Fact.

Someone’s “ruminations” about why humans were put on earth are not facts.

Okay. Why would you say we are here?

I don’t care why we’re here.

Hmmm. I call that “tomorrow”, not the afterlife. It is a part of reflecting on what took place today and what tweaks one can make so that tomorrow (the afterlife of today) is better. What do you think?

Why don’t you care?

Because I don’t.

Is there something you do care about?

You will be forever unable to change the actions that you did yesterday. Yesterday you were a ■■■■■. You can choose to be a better person today, but unless you change who you were from yesterday, you’re still going to be a ■■■■■ today.

Who said I was a ■■■■■ to begin with? God made us good. Even so, it is possible for the good to become even better, to be a better conduit of God’s love. I don’t know about your job, but mine entails meeting a lot of new and very different people daily. How to better deal with changing dynamics takes a lot of thought and contemplation. Why be satisfied with the status quo of good, when the possibility is there to do even better?

God is a serial killer in my King James Bible.

1 Like

Everybody’s got to be someplace.

1 Like