God and the Devil

That sounds like Hell. Imagine if they were brutally murdered. Experiencing that over and over for eternity. What crazy god would set up a system like that?

1 Like

Humor is in the eye of the beholder.

I do feel that if there is a God it is much more like the Great Old Ones, as opposed to a Jesus figure.

The idea of living forever never really sat well with me, even when I was a young evangelical Christian.

It’s pretty much confirmation bias.

I got the badge for liking so many posts in the train cartoon thread! Chooooo choooooo

1 Like

I have to wait 1 hour+ in order to like posts again. I’m going get that badge.

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe start a “say something nice about the poster above you” thread. See how long that lasts

I don’t think this is a good idea, but I did it anyways. The ROI was pretty high.

Say something NICE

God likes Humans isn’t a nice thing to say about Him?

Nah u gotta fix teh title

I got a badge for linking to a post. This is turning out really well.

1 Like

What makes you think He does not?

Not when you know the extent that God loves all.

Personal experience.

It seems to me that He has a plan for my life; regardless of what I actually want.

Black plague. Polio. Influenza.

Jesus did mention that heaven is always searching for pearls of great price. Perhaps you are one of them.

Then I would feel bad for my fellow souls who had not the benefit of living my life. My lower middle class lifestyle did not ensure me a pleasant afterlife, but it is less of a burden than many people have to endure.

Richard Bach once ruminated that we seem to be here on earth for two reasons: To learn and to have fun. There is a lot of truth to that. If you believe the afterlife is a repeat of this life, then perhaps the deep lessons you learn in this life continue on with you into the next? You will continue to learn; you will have more fun.

I am not against a soul from more fully realizing their experience during their lifetime. I just don’t believe that any amount of realization will be able to change the persons actions during their experience on Earth.