God and the Devil

You really have to buy the 20x stuff. :laughing:
It lasts like 5 minutes. That’s long enough for anybody.

Scheduled mod/forum disclaimer lol just discussing our experiences. No condoning.

1 Like

Ugh no thank you

1 Like

Yes. Drugs are bad.

1 Like

This was when I was 20. I also had a game where I’d dare friends to try it. I guess it’s not so much of a game really…

The things you do when you’re 20…

1 Like

Nothing good.

I think Jesus smoked pot.

Likely…

1 Like

With respect to Christianity you would be mistaken to assert that human “goodness” is what determines your fate. To be blunt, it isn’t that humanity on the whole has a morality problem but we’ve a holiness problem.

The fall was not just from some state of innocence into knowing of evil but would be from a state of holiness into being merely moral, knowing good and evil. What they are portrayed as knowing but rejecting in order to believe another is that they had a real personal relationship with the Lord.

The fall was that they stopped trusting God. After the fall they hid themselves because they no longer trusted God.

Roll forward many years to our current times.

This whole cross thing can easily seem quite dodgy, and indeed it is called a scandal within Scripture. Imagine a conversation like this …

Man: I just don’t understand how salvation works!

God: I understand that, but I say it does work … do you trust me?

Man: But human sacrifice? You made a big deal about that being wrong!

God: Yes, I did, but when you look at what I say about it that isn’t men killing other men but my only begotten Son going to the cross in your place so I can justify you and give you my Holy Spirit. I’ve said it works … do you trust me?

On and on it could go, and for every protest a man might raise God can ask “do you trust me?”

We are told that the faith that saves is a faith like that of a small child … but what kind of faith is that? What is it that young children do that older children do less and less of that we finally reach the age at which Mark Twain said the barrel should be plugged up?

They trust their parents.

In the same way, not because of goodness but because someone, however fitfully, comes to the point of actually trusting God when He proverbially asks “do you trust me?” and they respond in the manner provided for then He gives them His Holy Spirit, they become positionally “holy” and ultimately when this body of death (as Paul called it) is removed we will act like it too.

So what happens if those children of God become spiritual teenagers, the sort you’d ather not have as neighbors? Well, real children don’t stop being children because they start acting like the neighbor’s brats. This isn’t about fairness, after all.

Indeed, if God had wanted to save all the great and the good He’d have given them a “gospel” that only the great and the good could aspire to … and then they’d have flocked in in droves whilst patting themselves on the back that they were clever enough to get it.

Instead He gave the Gospel, which actually is called offensive to some.

What remains to be brought up is why?

Maybe it’s nothing more complex than God didn’t want a household of strangers? He didn’t want only the sons of a servant to be reckoned His heirs. And strangers to Holiness we are just because we are born that way.

Here an aspect of God’s justice comes into play, concerning the very young or those to whom effectively nothing was ever given them. Do you think that an unbeliever in the United States, who often may be confronted with the Gospel, is no worse off than those who never heard the Gospel and who never believed some false gospel?

There comes a point when every man who has ever heard the Gospel and been of accountable age to stop proverbially asking “Lord, what about him?” and finally decide what they will do with God and His Son, will they follow Him, trust Him, or not?

2 Likes

For anyone needing music for reading the previous post. Here’s a good one.

Sometimes God answers prayers right away. Sometimes it takes s little while. At other times, it can take a very long time. And many times he doesn’t answer them at all.

It’s almost like it’s totally random.

4 Likes

You presume that God gives a rat’s ass about what you want.

I’m sure they have. But it creates a parallel yet different timeline when they do this.

1 Like

There’s a badge for giving 50 likes in 1 day.

I ran out of likes. I wasn’t counting, but my god… I want that badge.

2 Likes

Do babies who died within months of birth retain the mental development they died at? Or do they appear in Heaven as an adult intellect? How would their mothers recognize them?

I think you misunderstand me.

Their “Heaven” would be a realization of how their choices in life affected those around them. They probably don’t have a lot of choices, so their afterlife really doesn’t have a lot of positive tear-jerking emotions, but it won’t have anything too negative which would really spoil the experience. They do get to live the exact same short months for eternity. That’s not too bad.

Well, for one thing, even if God exists.

If God said that you needed to practice human sacrifice. Do you trust Him?

It is humorous, isn’t it?