God and the Devil

I don’t particularly like her answer. I think God created Lucifer to fill a part of His plan. Part of His plan is that He needs somebody to be in charge of Hell. That job has fallen onto Lucifer.

Why create hell and Lucifer in the first place?

Why is there darkness? Why is there evil? It’s just the opposite of light and goodness. In the same way, Hell is the opposite of Heaven. If Heaven is a place where people receive their final eternal reward, there has to be a place for those souls who are ineligible for that reward, at least temporarily.

If Lucifer wasn’t the Lord of Hell, then someone else would have to fill the role. If not Lucifer, then who?

God is playing games with his creations, us.

Gives us free will.

When we exercise God’s given free will it leads to our damnation.

God likes messing with us.

It must be fun.

1 Like

Sounds kind of polytheistic - if heaven necessitates a hell shouldnt they both have existed eternally ?

It’s like creating vipers knowing that releasing them into a pool will kill people, and then shouting “not my fault the vipers did it!!!”

2 Likes

Who said that God had to live in Heaven? He created Heaven and Hell and Angels and Demons.

Was God homeless before he created heaven or is heaven like his summer cottage on the third rock?

Why doesn’t the bible tell me so?

How am I supposed to know what exists outside of all of creation? I can barely keep up with what’s real about the supernatural.

It has something to do with Free Will, and the number 42.

1 Like

Maybe God is both all loving AND the devil? :alien:

Logical conclusion.

I think the mysteries of the universe involve Cthulhu being real.

1 Like

Humans are the devil?

All I’m saying is that elder scrolls 6 will probably lift me close to God

Well, Skyrim didn’t bring be closer to God, but it did consume 100+ hours of my life.

2 Likes

God Howard !

:thinking:

Video games

Are a perfectly fine medium for expanding your understanding of the supernatural… as good as any other medium anyways.

1 Like

Cool. Much better than my first notion.

I want to know what your first notion was. That thinking emoji left me confused.

1 Like