God and the Devil

I am not interested in playing games. Enlighten me as to your beliefs, or don’t.

You most definitely are.

1 Like

Then you drew a wrong conclusion. Now you know better.

So, God keeps the Devil around because…?

In one post we differentiated between Satan (adversary) and Devil (malicious slanderer). God is not known for slander. People are. Therefore, isn’t the question, Why do people keep the devil around?

Then the question should why does God keep Satan around?

Nothing is ever the almightys fault. Weird how God takes no responsibility

“Adversary” does not equate to an evil person or people. Should God smite all Democrats who are adversaries to the Republicans? Or, perhaps there are purposes to be served by an adversary? What say you? Do you want all your adversaries removed from your life?

You’re comparing Satan to Democrats?

1 Like

What purpose does Satan serve? That’s what @AZslim asked.

It’s amusing to watch how she tries to obfuscate and redirect the conversation all the time.

1 Like

If they are as evil as the the Devil/Satan of course I would. Wouldn’t you?

Then is you answer that God doesn’t remove pure evil because it is a adversary?

Sounds like she is saying pure evil “serves a purpose” for the good. Which doesnt make sense. If pure evil isnt necessary in heaven, then what’s the point other than to inflict and setup environmental rules that confine the human spirit to mistakes and sin. The common retort is that free will necessitates sin. But surely we have free will in heaven, where there is no sin? Or is it that we need to play “the game” to “learn” that sin is bad? None of it makes any sense what so ever. To me, the truth is simple. An all loving God that created the world and thinks about humans doesnt exist. Nor does Satan. Problem solved. Now we can move on to discussing what “God” actually is, without being bound to ancient mythologies of people who lacked lingual, scientific, and philosophical views to express reality. I’d rather talk about fetus development in scientific terms than through “the stork brought a baby” tales.

I am pointing out that things can be used for good or misused for evil. God chooses to use things for good; humans sometimes choose to use something that is good (for example, fire) for evil (arson). Are you proposing God limit what humans can do?

Did God create the Devil/Satan just to screw with us?

More like we created him to mess with God.

Then there is no Devil/Satan? It’s just a fairy tale?

Man created Lucifer Morningstar in order to mess with God.

You’re asking which part of religious tradition is “just fairy tale”?

She said we made it to mess with God…sounds like a fairy tale to me.