General Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis Is Leaving

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1075945554683797504

The tide is turning, as we knew it would have to.

2 Likes

I plan to use him as a rhetorical bludgeon on his supporters anytime they attempt to do anything political for the rest of their lifetimes.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1075895147454439426

Lil Marco concurs. Who’s next?

Chicken ■■■■ trump will probably tweet about McConnell’s wife or some such this weekend. Anything but confront Mitch himself.

But the CEC will label it as another “Apology Tour”…

1 Like

Neither Mitch nor Marco will do anything more than furrow their brows.

5 Likes

Wow
10chars

There really are not a lot of options. If you’re determined to cast your lot with trump, you have to be very creative with the justifications. It’s fascinating to watch it evolve throughout a thread.

Trumpsters figuring it out yet? Trumpsters? Are you?

I’m not looking forward to it either. Mattis and Haley were the best people in the administration, and soon both will be gone.

I really thought Mattis would stay through to the end due to duty to country. I have utmost respect for him though and certainly wish him well. But this is not good news at all.

The winds may be shifting and the tide turning to what though?

We never really did get a reason why she left, did we?

Mattis let’s us know. Mattis walked into Trump’s office and told him he was resigning in protest. No conniving, no whisper campaign. Mattis went on record, and in his face.

He may be the only one to get out with any honor.

1 Like

Slowly, I think it is too. Most republican politicians were scared to cross Trump based on the hold he had on his base. The ass whipping GOP House members took last month seems to have emboldened them. Too little, too late. However it is a start.

Mike Pence 2019.
This ship is definitely sinking.

1 Like

Sanity? Normalcy?

Senate house should pass continuing resolution and override trumps veto to protest

The House could impeach with a simple majority. But it requires a super majority of the Senate to do so, how many Rs do you think would convict?

I’m assuming your comment is made on the assumption he would be impeached.

I think both Haley and Mattis are honorable people. Anyway, I am very sad to hear this news.

I don’t think impeachment is on the table…yet. It depends on the results of the Mueller report and Trump’s poll numbers. If Mueller issues a scathing, verifiable report and Trump’s numbers plummet, there’s a chance for impeachment. Otherwise, I don’t think that’s a road to travel.

One is on record for history.

The other is running a whisper campaign for political aspirations.

If the next two weeks are like the last two weeks, this plane is obviously crashing.