Gavin Newsom recall has

Election has been called, Newsom stays.

I spent a lot of time hanging around polls and the only fight I ever saw was between two city council candidates.

1 Like

Wait, seriously?

Yeah they started insulting each otherā€™s wives and then they came to hilariously ineffectual blows until the LWV lady made them leave.

1 Like

I wonder if this is the start of the end of the Trump control of the party.

1 Like

Donā€™t read too much into it. A Democrat prevailing in CA is nothing, if not predictable

The mid-terms will be telling. If Trump supported candidates in swing districts go down it might be very telling.

1 Like

Agreed. I really believe this whole clown show sets the GOP back even further in California.

Good luck in the real election next year

Thatā€™s what I think the test will be.

And thatā€™s why California needs to fix itā€™s rules for recalls. In a head to head election, Newsom won with 61% of the vote. But with a fraction of the votes cast in that election, Elder came uncomfortably close to overturning the will of California. Itā€™s undemocratic, AND it cost $276 million.

1 Like

Dinner at French Laundry: $276 million

1 Like

Too late. Itā€™s done with the mail-in ballots of which they say everyone was sent at least one. Democrst activists are iintercepting delivery in low return areas, sending them in filled in for Newsome, and no one is going question those votes. Not the recipienrs, because they donā€™t even care to learn about the process to realise they should have a ballot; or for the few that do care, it was a glitch and they will be given a provisional at the polis when they find they are recorded as having already voted.

I presume there is minimal signature checking of mail-ins going on at this stage.

Orā€¦ and hear me outā€¦ Solid blue Californians did not want a Trump Republican as their governor.

Get a better candidate and try again next year

2 Likes

a self-described libertarian lost a recall in the most liberal state in America.

lies.

ā€¦ and undervalued.

Itā€™s not illegal, but doing so should result in the loss of their (the churchā€™s) tax free status.

1 Like

Not at all likely. Less than 25% of California registered voters are Republican.

Maybe people voted against a candidate who thinks that the minimum hourly rate should be $0.01.

1 Like

That"s another possibility.

California voters have soundly rejected the GOP and itā€™s candidate.

They also reaffirmed approval of the Governorā€™s handling of Covid in the state.

But I wouldnā€™t read into this nationallyā€¦

1 Like

Nonsense. Elder was a very good candidate and there were over 40 others.

CA has chosen. I thank Larry Elder for running and giving it a chance.

Not even close.