From statues to Churches

Two strikes so far.

Comment on the BLM leader saying churches should be destroyed.

Now, look at the fact that Christian statues and churches ARE being destroyed.

Is there any cause and effect there that you can grasp?

I think I will be fine in Canada.

Or, alternatively, like the historical Saint Nikolas, it’s super duper likely that a man born at the juncture of Seleucid Hellenic, Judean, Arab, Egyptian, Armenian (Cilicia) and Parthian overlap, who spoke an Iranian language, probably didn’t look like Cesare Borgia or the the Ginger Christ that haunts children from a potrait above their beds.

vandalism is bad.

Are you asking me to prove that BLM activists did not start church fires?

Speaking for myself, I can only comment on what I know about. Your link is the first I heard about it.

I don’t care what house of worship gets vandalized, it’s an attack on all houses of worship.

But what I do see here in your post is an attempt to downplay the current vandalisms. In fact, in various forms, it’s what I’m seeing from a lot of libs here. Your tactic is whataboutism. :shrug:

3 Likes

I seem to remember a few that were celebrating. Now that’s the shoe’s on the other foot though, it’s a big deal. Funny how that works.

I think I’ll be fine in the United States. Where I live, people don’t put up with that nor do they vote for liberals.

What is your point? That unless an image is condoned by some moronic group they should have the right to tear it down or destroy it?

No. The point is it’s a discussion worth having.

Read the article. If you can prove otherwise, please feel free to do so.

Too passive-coy for my tastes.

Nope vandalism is wrong.
but talking about how Jesus is portrayed as a White person and why some segment of the population feel that is important is worth having a conversation about.

3 Likes

Then instead of asking questions, why don’t you participate in one?

Want to really mess with them, tell them Adam and Eve were from Africa.

2 Likes

No it isn’t. It’s none of your business.

who appointed you Pope, I though the whole point of Protestantism was open debate.

1 Like

It’s like you almost can see that’s what’s happening, but at the last minute pull back, because others don’t agree to the terms as you demand them.

At that time in history were African’s black?

Conversations about a Persian-language speaking Judean man who grew up in close contact with the Hellenistic world, and who had very strong (some might call them antagonistic) opinions about his own faith traditions - these are propietary and exclusive?