From statues to Churches

It was only a matter of time before destruction of Churches. Wasn’t enough to just stop at statues, it appears Churches are next target. Been reading about more and more churches going up in flames.

It’s only a matter of time when they start burning books…specially those books at public libraries that might shine a positive light on things that libs have a disagreement with.

A slew of Catholic churches from Florida to California were burned and vandalized over the weekend as police continue to investigate whether or not they are connected to protests targeting symbols and statues.

Where are we heading? Please be civil, mods may need to keep a close eye here.

Either way it’s not going to end well if left uncheck.

Old saying…we’re on back side of slope…and momentum is gaining.

I’ll have to leave in a bit…so please don’t think this is hit and run.

1 Like

In an interview with sheriff’s Detective John Lightle, suspect Steven Anthony Shields said he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and is not taking his medication.

Shields said that what he did was “awesome,” and he smiled and laughed while he was questioned at the Sheriff’s Office, according to an arrest affidavit. Referring to himself as the “king” and saying he was on a “mission,” Shields told the detective he has problems with the Catholic Church and made reference to several Bible passages, including the Book of Revelation.

5 Likes

First sentence in the article (bolded emphasis mine):

A slew of Catholic churches from Florida to California were burned and vandalized over the weekend as police continue to investigate whether or not they are connected to protests targeting symbols and statues.

I’m sure we’ll hear more if they find any evidence of a connection.

5 Likes

So … 3 churches?

Someone spray painted “IDOL” on a statue of the Virgin Mary.

2 Likes

Much more then that.

BLM activist Shaun King in a series of tweets last month suggested that images depicting a Europeanized conception of Jesus and Mary were a form of “white supremacy” and should be targeted.

You guys think it’s going to stop?

https://cnsnews.com/article/national/patrick-goodenough/statues-virgin-mary-targeted-boston-new-york-church-set-alight

Other reports of Churches being burned down since mob started their rampage.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2020-05-21/mississippi-church-suing-on-virus-restrictions-burns-down

Pattern has started. As I said it’s only a matter of time.

So … 4 churches?

One can only hope.

1 Like

Yes, three churches.

In 1930’s Germany I imagine you’d be saying “So… three Jews?”

Steady.

3 Likes

Has biden ever commented on these church burnings??

Because for someone like him who praises segregationists, church burnings must seem like old hat.

That’s a pretty damned sick reaction to this.

And that’s even sicker.

Libs are showing their true colors!

3 Likes

I was pointing out that 4 church fires, which aren’t connected in any way, do not make for a church burning pandemic.

Have no fear. It’s been happening to mosques for quite a while. If that wasn’t a big deal, these shouldn’t be either.

3 Likes

What makes you suggest that wasn’t a big deal?

Well its already happened with mosques and synagogue when the mindless bigots attacked them

Lack of threads on this board. Lack of conservative posters condemning each attack on this board. Lack of prominent conservative politicians and talking heads publicly condemning each attack.

I just learned that those things are what make it a big deal by the conservative posters in this thread.

2 Likes

Sounds like a sectarian thing.

2 Likes

Uh-oh!

Still waiting to see if the police investigations reveal that this was a coordinated program of attacks by “them” to escalate the “cancel culture” agenda.