FoxNews rails against vaccine passports while implementing one…

They can’t do it - because DeSantis passed a law saying they can’t.

Lol you’re saying it in this thread and you didn’t even put a question after a declarative statement like usual.

Link?

Quote it.

(1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/2006/BillText/er/HTML

Lines 1121-1130

1 Like

If true, then I disagree with meddling in a busuness’ decision, like I said in post 70.

:rofl:

I provided a link to the law.

Yup. Thanks.

I have to say, this issue is confusing. But I don’t think that is quite right.

Desantis want to fine the cruise lines $5K every time they ask for proof of vaccination.

I believe this is in addition to his effort to block the CDC guidelines.

ast month, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law that prohibits businesses across his state from asking anyone to provide proof of a Covid-19 vaccination. The legislation was passed without a carve-out for the cruise industry, which is an $8-billion economic juggernaut in the Sunshine State. Cruise lines could be fined $5,000 each time they require vaccination proof from a passenger.

I believe this is a two pronged attack - sue the CDC AND fine the private corps who want to require proof of vaccination.

DeSantis signed a law that fines them 5K every time they ask for proof of vaccination.

Do you oppose public accommodation laws or not?

Quote it.

My perception of you similarly has me thinking you oppose public accommodation laws. If I’m in error, that’s fine. Note that Tommy did ask and now I am curious as well.

You’re not wrong. I also oppose strawbirthingpersons.

Yes…since Congress establishes/exerts control over the creation of federal agencies that create such regulations as an extension of Congressional power (even though they are executive agencies, Congress regulates agencies like the CDC)…the CDC may do so.

But you are restricted if you don’t comply.

You will get an answer after several two or three word posts. Just wait it out.

3 Likes

That’s quite a stretch there.

How’d that age?

It’s not…it’s based on how things work.