Fox News Poll Shows A Majority Support Impeachment

Nothing in the Constitution nor the House rules requires a vote. Why do you think they do?

1 Like

The courts will settle it in a few weeks, maybe a month-six weeks.

Weā€™ll have a brand new ā€œconstitutional crisisā€ over the administration refusing to cooperate unless the house takes a vote to open a formal impeachment inquiry/proceeding.

There are clear conflicts with the separation of powers involved that go far beyond Trump and the democratic tantrum and hopefully the courts will take them seriously because the ramifications for the future are staggering.

If they are allowed to undermined the presidency in this way then no future president is safe at all. Donā€™t like the president? Fine, donā€™t bother trying to beat him/her in the next election just trump up and impeachment based on nothing and subpoena every communication anyone in the WH has had until you find some excuse to impeach.

1 Like

Given how it started, thatā€™s really saying something.

I disagree. Weā€™re there, Zander. Heā€™s a gross pig that people are sick of.

3 Likes

We have a long way to go yet

Thereā€™s still a lot of people that are willing to lower their standards faster than Trumpā€™s behavior.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s just funny. Youā€™ve been saying the same thing since he started running for office and in case you missed it half the people who voted voted to elect him and will probably do the same again in 2020.

Less than half. Millions less.

1 Like

The difference is little more than a rounding error.

Each of them had about half the vote. 46 vs 48%.

After today? Lol.

Nothing happened today thatā€™s going to have any long term effect on the vote.

Three million votes is significant. Trump sure seems to think so.

1 Like

Lol.

1.9%.

What matters is where those votes are cast. The next election will be decided in about ten states just like every election weā€™ve had for the last century. The rest really donā€™t matter that much.

Three million votes. Thatā€™s almost the entire population of my state. Youā€™re right about the vote distribution being the key. That would make me nervous if I lost the previous popular vote by such a large margin.

Yes, 3 million, 1.8% of the vote mostly in California where it made no difference at all.

The battleground states are really all that matters, the rest either lack the votes to matter or are predetermined.

I agree, most people are fed up with Trump but nothing will change until Republicans in the Senate stop being afraid of him.

If polling continues to show majority support for impeachment and removal they may grow spines. When/if they do it will happen very quickly.

It looks bad for Trump.

1 Like

I say 60%. But I really hate that they need this just to do the right thing.

1 Like

I have to disagree. Senate Republicans have put Trump over country. There is no way, no matter if public opinion soars to 90% in favor of removal from office, would Republicans sacrifice Trump.

Republicans support Trump over country but itā€™s a safe bet they will put their jobs over Trump.

2 Likes

Your opinion that barring some downturn Trump will be re-elected is a fact. What is not a fact, at this point in time, is that he will be re-elected. That is pure supposition.

2 Likes