Fox News and Media Bias

Was the “committee” made up equally of Rs and Ds?

I thought Schiff showed bis own bias and misogyny by refusing to let Stefanik use the allotted time.

This story is a lead because Schiff acknowledged his 2020 election collusion by referring to the “resistance” in the CA D rally he spoke at last night. he besmirched, not just the president, but the person he is unfairly prosecuting an impeachment against.

Imagine a judge going on CNN and calling a defendant a charlatan on TV.

MORE evidence of the gross bias and collusion against the President.

The LA election is really a regional story with a close and expected outcome.

I like the FedEx pays no taxes story. That looks like a winner to lead with.

The Morrison deposition is about the same exposure across the board…and looks to favor Trump BTW.

I am looking for more expose type stories like the FedEx one.

Our local paper the Pgh Post Gazette does this well and is actually my primary source of news.

Schiff messed up and FOX justly led with it.

:mega:

Fox News is actively telling it’s audience to NOT pay attention to the news and to NOT be informed. It’s not even a different type of news they are pushing.

1 Like

These are the committee rules. The ranking member of each party can only yield opening time to their outside counsel. Since the same rules apply to both parties, how can you claim this is one-side.

Representative Stefaniak has the same allotted time as any other member of the committee an other members can yield to her during their allotted time.

There is nothing one-sided or unfair about this. And besides its just a process issue so its sort of surprising to see Republicans taking it seriously.

1 Like

Success usually breeds copycats.

Yet in the media group think and no risk rule the roost and FOX simply dominates the ratings.

During Q3 2019, FNC averaged 1.4 million viewers and 230,000 with A25-54 in total day. In prime time, FNC delivered 2.4 million viewers and 366,000 in the 25-54 demographic, notching 46 consecutive quarters as the most-watched cable news channel in the prime time demo (Adults 25-54).

It’s like saying the NE Patriots have no idea what they are doing??

:newspaper_roll:

Yes. The rules were well established, and at that point in in the hearing, Nunes and the R counsel were not allowed to yield their time to non-ranking members of the committee. Nunes and Stefanik knew this. And Schiff very calmly maintained order when Nunes and Stefanik rolled eyes, got attitude, and insisted they be allowed to break the rules. Schiff did not allow it. He simply refused to recognize the gentlewoman.

I actually broke down the situation in this post, with video, timestamps, etc.

There was no bullying, but this is the narrative that Fox is peddling. They needed to put on their show, and it apparently worked.

“Bias and misogyny”. Really?

The application of fully understood rules that apply to all members of the committee becomes bias and misogyny when applied to a woman.

You really have fallen for Fox’s propaganda there Camp.

1 Like

Was the committee made up equally of Ds and Rs or…was it one sided?

Elections have consequences. Just like in the senate mcconnel can let legislation from the house sit without action and blue slips from dem senators (for judges) can be ignored.

You would argue that Fox stands alone in opposition to all the liberal media. With multiple outlets you criticize as liberal dividing. their audience, of course Fox would have a larger audience share.

That does not address the issue how FOX is deliberately serving up distorted news to promote a conservative agenda.

Or do you prefer News that informs you about two day old stories and ignores more recent events?

2 Likes

Dear GOP and Fox News… Please, please continue your fawning support of Elsie…

https://twitter.com/TedraCobb/status/1195879470378442752?s=20

That’s her opponent… $650,000 dollars raised since Elsie’s appearance… LMAO…

Elections have consequences.

I assume then that you view the lack of an equal number of R’s and D’s on the Supreme Court as one-sided. Show me all the posts where you complained about that.

1 Like

Five times he graveled her down.

She had her say at the post hearing press conference.

We are exposing the “resistance” and bias while Schiff is making little progress the inquiry.

FOX is run by management smart enough to see the big picture and cover the story accordingly.

:mega:

Ahhhhh……thanks for the honesty. So yes, it was one sided like I’ve stated all along. Are the rest of you libs listening?

The conclusion is that Fox is serving as an arm of the Republican Congressional campaign, not as a news outlet.

So why can’t you be honest? When I said it was one sided, you should have honestly said…tough feces Smyrna…elections have consequences. Instead…like I’ve pointed out to you many times…you’re a denier.

It’s amazing that, instead of doing things like:

-Paying attention in 6th grade civics
-Spending a few minutes learning how Congress works by reading the internet
-Watching prior congressional hearings to see how committee hearings worked

have all been thrown out in favor of Fox style questions like "

That’s like when Gretchen Carlson, formerly of Fox and Friends, famously Googled “double dip recession” because the nation had no idea what a double dip recession was, and under Obama, we were probably going to get one.

The way that congressional houses seat committees is no secret. It wasn’t a secret when Boehner formed the Benghazi Select Committee either.

Oh my, gaveled her down five times. So Adam Schiff continued to enforce the rules despite Nunes and Stefaniak continuing to generate publicity with their stunt.

The next time a cop pulls you over for speeding, tell him he’s full of it five times… and if he doesn’t let you go on the fourth try then we can all complain about the cop was biased against conservatives!

Your distortion is my perspective of the glass being half full.

Are you admitting FOX does news better than any other outlet?

The ratings say so.

:newspaper_roll:

No ■■■■ Sherlock…just as every other news outlet is perpetuating the D agenda. News is history but political propaganda is rampant. That’s why I label so many here sheople. They just bleet out what they’ve been fed.