Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. Afootball team. A woman held them at gunpoint

Who said it was?

Agreed its not its an issue that greatly effect black people so its talked about a lot in that context.

I will agree that both sides have inflamed the conversation into a pissing match, I think we can be adult and accept that yes police brutality is an issue that effect everyone and yes its an issue that greatly effect the black community.

and fixing institutionalized discrimination should always be a top priority of the government.

both sides want to make this an us (R ) vs them (D) pissing match.

when in reality its us vs discrimination, we are all on the same side.

2 Likes

White teen says, “I drifted over the white line in the middle of the road and a cop stopped me and made me take a breathalyzer for no reason. After wasting my time for half an hour he gave me a ticket and let me go.”

Black mom says “My daughter was in a car and was arrested for “disturbing the peace” because she refused to put out her cigarette, even though smoking is not illegal…”

Which one do you think is the most newsworthy and why?

1 Like

Agree. Nothing I said implied it wasn’t.

Cherry picked selective anecdotes are cute.

You compare you getting stopped by a cop in your neighborhood (and not shot by a neighborhood watch, you left out that part) with a white woman holding four teenage blacks at gunpoint just because they were black.

Of course you were implying that blacks just whine too much and don’t face racism.

4 Likes

The media we consume has a lot of effect for a long time black people were negatively portrayed. its almost hard wired its slowly being removed due to multiculturalism, etc.

No. I was showing how a particular incident might occur to anyone and yet be interpreted as racial whether it was or wasn’t.
And no, I didn’t say that was the case in the incident of the OP, just that it can happen and we shouldn’t jump to the nearest desired conclusion every time.

You read into my statement, which was a simple basis of fact, what you chose to read into it, for example.

I think dough point was to say that discrimination isn’t a solely black issue its not economic discrimination exist to a smaller extent.

I think dough doesn’t want this to be turned into a white vs black pissing match when in reality its a everyone vs discrimination.

If I said they libs here would have flagged it. :wink:

1 Like

You going to quote me where in the OP its suggest that all Conservatives are racists.

The messed up thing, these normal things while black got a kid and a father killed.

RIP Tamir Rice and John Crawford.

2 Likes

Too many incidents against minorities so we will stick in a birthers thread.

Is that the gist of your argument.

Allan

Don’t think anyone is defending the lady in question.

She’s a ■■■■■ for putting the teens under gun and calling the police.

One saving grace, she did not shoot them.

Allan

1 Like

That’s the most important thing right here.
However I’m tired of incidents like this, especially when me, wife and my 2 sons look like the ones experiencing this BS. This problem is transcends party.

1 Like

I wonder if she is a birther

1 Like

She could have very easily asked them to step inside and then shot all of them.

You might have missed the one where a policeman had a gun on him for the alleged crime of “cleaning up outside of the student accommodation that he lived in”.

You could claim that. I can also claim that I can run the 100 metres in 6.7 seconds. Of course because I claim it doesn’t make it true.

For the record it isn’t true.