Florida Spike in Cases

Don’t look at me, I don’t think masking goes far enough, shut them down until Delta passes by. Wasn’t necessary for the original, is for delta.

They compared mask mandated schools in Utah with a school in Israel that didn’t have a mask mandate?
Look, we’ve seen how this hits in waves at different times in different locations. I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense to opt for a mask with unvaccinated kids in high risk areas but these studies had a mission to begin with.

Sure it can. You can compare your cohort to expected outcomes, to outcomes in the community and to outcomes in clusters which occurred outside the study. They did all three.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/147/4/e2020048090

CDC tracking data shows 80% of people over 65 have completed vaccinations an 90% of people over 65 have had at least one dose. At least, unless there is some variant that is completely different, we shouldn’t be going back to the worst times in the way of deaths.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is really good news.

Exactly. He studied the UK and India examples well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-desantis-schools-masks/2021/08/10/371d4308-fa0a-11eb-9c0e-97e29906a970_story.html

Biden administration looking for ways to pay Florida educators if DeSantis withholds their salaries over mask mandates

Good.

1 Like

Yeah but MIGRANTS!!!

1 Like

I thought the video very informative. I like the compare/contrast of other countries brought concisely together like that.

Geesh. You’d think America or Florida is the only country being affected by this :wink:

1 Like

Common, now TNT. You cannot run around with your hair on fire about every un-vaccinated person while not seeing this as a contributing factor to spreading Covid.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to how many migrants are released in the US? because everything I see suggests a vast majority are turned back and deported. If they end up in our detention centers they are tested and offered teh vaccine and 70% take it.

I just haven’t seen any proof that thousands of migrants with covid are set free to make their way to FLA to ■■■■ up the state.

Glad y’all could agree.

1 Like

Not sciency at all.

“Outcomes”

You aren’t looking in the right places.

Yes, outcomes. From the article:

The primary outcome was the number of within-school (secondary) transmissions of SARS-CoV-2 in traditional public schools conducting in-person learning.

Secondary outcomes included clusters, defined by the NCDHHS as a minimum of 5 cases in the same facility within a 14-day period and plausible epidemiological linkage between cases

Those outcomes were compared to community transmission and clusters in the encompassing school district, surrounding communities and state as a whole. Statistics. Population study. Science stuff.

Do you have a link?

Working backwards from a perceived outcome. Yes, I know.

Working backwards? Comparing an outcome to an expected outcome is working backwards? Statistics and the use of null hypotheses are a sham. What a waste.