Florida Spike in Cases

Meanwhile…

I talk about it every day. Where I work (hells kitchen) almost 100% vaccination rate.

Central Harlem 50%

That’s just bad.

Young black men refusing to take the vaccine.

Allan

What? They can be.

They proved masks effectiveness.

here is another article about the study that explains another way they did this:

“In the mask-on-mask environment, kids who are coming in contact with a positive person are having to quarantine for a substantial period of time. That means collectively in North Carolina we had more than 40,000 people who had to quarantine during the 10 to 12 weeks (of our study). More than 40,000 people is hundreds of thousands of school days that have been missed because of quarantine. And yet the benefit that we’re seeing is nil. It is very minimal transmission, therefore the risk to go to enhanced community spread really isn’t there. So we have missed school days without the benefit of actually controlling spread. This is something that I think we should think very carefully about as we move forward.”

IOW, studying the rate of transmission between positives and negatives in a masked environment, they discovered it’s essentially zero. Because of masks.

I also previously linked an article about the study in which they explained part of their research was comparing masked schools to unmasked schools, but I can’t find that link.

Odd statement in that article: “we don’t have data from within North Carolina as to whether or not…what happens when children are not masked.”
So without that, how can they determine what rate of spread is due to masking or that it would have been different with or without masks?

2 Likes

Sure. He’s just betting he can keep talking greasy about COVID and Biden won’t let people die because of it. Sociopathic? Sure. But probably not wrong.

1 Like

Always the flaw in the data.

If only it were as simple as wearing a mask. Wishful thinking.

4 Likes

Saving for winter.

In late June, a report by two Duke University scientists who reviewed data from March through June 2021 in 100 school districts and 14 charter schools in North Carolina found that wearing masks effectively prevented the transmission of the virus in schools and on buses even without physical distancing.

I don’t get it.

1 Like

Actually, according to the article on this, all schools in the sample had masks, so it found no such thing.

You think they’re going to do a control group and have a bunch of kids not wear masks? That’s unethical. You can’t do studies where you purposefully withhold standard of care. It would be like doing a study on blood pressure medicine preventing strokes where you purposefully take away some of the participants blood pressure medicine.

2 Likes

That was actually very informative. Worth the time to watch.

A lot of good data and points made.

2 Likes

Because they looked at kids who came in close prolonged contact with other covid positive cases and determined the rate of spread was significantly lower than expected transmission rates. Given that the contact occurred in a masked environment the conclusion is, masks slowed the transmission.

I laughed.

DeSantis is saving the vaccine for the winter…

Well first, just find a school already not masking instead. And, how would that be any more unethical than putting groups of kids together with masks if you don’t yet know masks are effective in slowing transmission? Seems to me using this standard it would be unethical to put kids together in the middle of a pandemic period. If mine were still school age, they would be homeschooled through this entire thing.

I didn’t say they should do such a study, I said that since everyone in the study wore a mask, it cannot be considered a legitimate study of the effects of wearing a mask.
Putting words in my mouth much.

2 Likes

They did that.

Because North Carolina had a mask mandate for all K-12 schools, we could not compare masked schools to unmasked schools. To understand the preventive impact masks can have, we looked outside North Carolina for comparisons. Data from our research and from studies conducted in Utah, Missouri and Wisconsinshows that school transmission rates of coronavirus were low when schools enforced mask mandates. By contrast, one school in Israel without a mask mandate or proper social distancing protocols reported an outbreak of Covid-19 involving 153 students and 25 staff members.

Recent outbreaks at youth camps in Texas, Illinois and Florida show how quickly Covid-19 can spread among adolescents and adults who are largely unmasked and mostly unvaccinated, with the possibility of spreading into surrounding communities. The potential for this kind of community spread was the reason schools closed their doors in March 2020.

1 Like