Florida Spike in Cases

None of that data is from a truly randomized trial, the gold standard. None

You miss the obvious.

Vaccinated need no additional mitigation.

To insist otherwise ruins credibility.

That is where you are.

that found that cloth masks do nothing and that surgical masks when worn correctly and fitted only provide 11% more protection than wearing nothing.

how they spin that is irrelevanr

2 Likes

i’m not reposting the info in that post

cheerlead elsewhere

1 Like

You really are missing the obvious a lot here.

i didnt post any data

knee jerk response?

How many times have seen people on this board claiming masks were worthless? Turns out they were wrong.

It’s quite possible his was preventable as well.

Well I never said it, some masks do something but cloth masks as worn by most people? Nope. I use k95 or better. Oh and shaved my beard and mustache off.

turns out you are. the masks being referenced here are not surgical masks, they are the cloth face diapers everyone is wearing, and they are completely worthless. even surgical masks unless fitted and worn properly are useless, and when worn properly they don’t protect the wearer, they prevent an infected wearer from spreading as much, giving an uninfected wearer an 11% better chance of not getting covid from them than from an infected person not wearing anything. how many people are wearing surgical masks? how many are wearing them properly? useless

1 Like

I don’t think so.

You don’t think the people in the control group did those things? Yet, they still came up with 11% protection. Even if you say it’s 7%. It is a lot better than useless

Lol. One day it’s

“Vaccinated getting Covid!” and the next it’s

Vaccinated need no additional mitigation.”

It ain’t my credibility that’s lacking.

With only 43% wearing surgical masks, a huge factor.

Right…imagine the number if they had 90% participation. Probably over 20% effectiveness. Masks work…there is no denying it now.

did you read the study? if you did you know you don’t need to ask that

Probably well over.

read the study. obviously you haven’t

I would like to see hospitalizations.

It is the public health message and the desire to get more people vaccinated that is the issue.

Should be an easy problem to focus on.