Florida Spike in Cases

In my local elementary schools about 3.5 % of students have Covid at the current time. They have been on a mask mandate from the beginning of the year. It’s especially high k-2. At recess or lunch or sometime in the day they are likely to be in close contact. Those little paper or cloth masks just aren’t the answer here, or provably even a significant part of it.
And yet it is being pushed just like vaccinations. To make a school analogy, it’s like busy work.

1 Like

its nothing but leftists pushing the idea that they are protecting us all in the hope that covid fear will prevail at the ballot box.

i’m sure the mu variant or maybe the nu variant will be all the rage next year

2 Likes

Sure. Vermont has the lowest per capita case rate of all the states. Currently its case rate is 1/3 that of Texas and 1/4 that of Florida

Its death rate is 1/8 that of Texas and 1/16 that of Florida

1 Like

N-95 or nothing.

Mod Note

Stop trolling.

I’ve been wearing surgical masks until recently, now I’m using N-95. N-95 is much better masks IMO.

1 Like

So libs…what do you got to say for yourselves?

Commie utopia.

You know what from hell

SO much for free living.

You can blame the moose population.

So where is media blaming their governors…or is that only reserved for their political enemies?

4 Likes

So libs…why are you all silent? You trashed Florida and Ron DeSantis over last summer spike…why not those states I posted?

Where is your bias media trashing those governors?

Where are your talking points?

4 Likes

Narrative, narrative, talking pts, something something.

1 Like

Now do deaths.

1 Like

It’s not just that. The graphs are misleading because they don’t factor in population.

That and I take the Florida stats with a grain of salt.

1 Like

DeSantis gets trashed because of the blue line in the chart below over the summer where a lot of his citizens died. And he still doing worse than Vermont and Maine.

He still has a worse death rate than those states you listed -

FL - 9th worst
MI - 19th worst
NH - 44th worst
ME - 49th worst
VT - 51st worst

Florida has one of highest elderly population in the country. And we know this virus effect the elderly…want to try again?

1 Like

Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire have high median ages than Florida.

Just saying.

Facts are better than graphs out of context. :rofl:

1 Like

Nope, that’s not it. Florida has a higher death rate compared to other states amongst its younger people.

Here is Florida’s rank amongst the states in covid death rate within age groups -

AGE GROUP / RANK (#1 is worst; #51 is best)
35-44 / 8
45-54 / 12
55-64 / 14
65-74 / 21
75-84 / 39
85+ / 43

Notice that as the age groups get older Florida ranks better. They have actually done very well overall in the 75+ age group (although if you just focus on 2021 that is a different story…). Florida has been losing a higher percentage of its younger people than most other states.

If you just focus on 2021 then Florida looks even worse. In ages 35 - 64 they are in the top 10 worst. Not sure what would explain this other than lack of vaxxing and mask-wearing in this group.

35-44 / 4
45-54 / 6
55-64 / 8
65-74 / 13
75-84 / 17
85+ / 23

Source:
DEATHS - COVID-19 in Florida (Dr. Jason Salemi) (Age-specific COVID-19 death rate per 100,000 pop:)

Maine VT and NH are older.

Care to try again?

Of course not…fancy charts rule. :rofl:

Then you better correct the experts then.

All white and 3 people per square mile.

4 Likes