Florida private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together

There are[quote=“zantax, post:10, topic:6278, full:true”]
What is controversial about Christians who believe slaves who accept Christ are better off than free people who don’t. Seems rather self-evident if you start with the premise that their faith is correct. If you had to pick personally would you rather be a slave for 75 years on earth and spend eternity in heaven or be free on earth and burn in hell for eternity?
[/quote]
Lets go back a few centuries.
There are two Europeans in Africa.
One of them takes a man, ships him across the ocean and teaches him the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The other European leaves the Africans alone and does nothing to them.

Which European is working the will of God? Which European is improving the lot of the African people?

Is it God’s will that Africans be enslaved by Europeans and taught the gospel.
If so, it that a God who deserves to be worshiped?

Absurd. They didn’t for example being a slave who had accepted Christ was better than being a free man who had. That would be an apples to apples comparison clearly saying slavery was better. I can guarantee you they hold the same position if the example was a cancer patient whose life was cut short who had accepted Christ over a healthy person who lived for a hundred years who hadn’t. Would you disingenuously claim they were saying it was better to have cancer?

Dude…You really don’t want me to answer that question. Lol!

Lets go back a few centuries.
There are two Europeans in Africa.
One of them takes a man, ships him across the ocean and teaches him the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The other European leaves the Africans alone and does nothing to them.

Which European is working the will of God? Which European is improving the lot of the African people?

Is it God’s will that Africans be enslaved by Europeans and taught the gospel.
If so, it that a God who deserves to be worshiped?
[/quote]

Ignores the obvious third option, teaching them the word of God in situ without enslaving them.

So, does that apply to university curriculum? Do we get to strip their public funding if we don’t like what they teach? Would you like the current Republican Congress and President to embark on such a course right now? If your answer is no, maybe you can understand our objection right?

The OP didn’t mention the “no slave” option.
BTW, I didn’t know that 17th century Africans had to access that option.

(Oh I forgot. The statement is about slave owners, not the slaves. The statement ignores the slaves and compares the relative holiness of different styles of slave ownership.)

Shrug.

Teaching facts, or current understanding of facts, is a bit different than teaching complete Bull ■■■■■ There is also a huge difference between College level courses, than K-12.

Nice try Mr. Doublespeak.

Federal student aid for college students does not judge the materials being taught, so why should that occur in this case. Parents have a right to choose the education of their children, even if I don’t like it.

I’d rather be free on earth and then go to heaven. That’s my plan, anyway. Love the forced choices that don’t resemble reality.

Yet despite this supposed all out war, we are spending more on education (adjusted for inflation) per student than we did pre-Reagan.

In 1980-1981 school year (when Reagan’s policies hadn’t yet been enacted), we spent $7543 per student (2015-2016 dollars). In 2013-2014 (last year we have compiled information), we spent $13,373 per student. The facts don’t show a defunding of education. We are spending almost twice as much per student. This is per federal statistics.

So you want to ensure that they never have a chance to learn anything different.

Funding is an issue, but that is not the only problem.

I never understood why states do not look at countries that have excellent programs, try to emulate what they do. the majority of the funding is from states.

Regarding charter schools, that do take money from the standard public schools…and they are not regulated at the same level…and although there are probably some good charter schools, there are also some horrendous ones out there as well.

I suppose if you are an example of the public school system, we absolutely have major problems.

Maybe learn to think for yourself, and change the damn channel.

1 Like

Ahhh…

Ya, it does.

"Accreditation
An accredited school meets certain standards set by an independent agency. It helps ensure the training or education you get meets employer standards in a specific field. Use our accreditation search page to check a particular school’s standards or to find an accredited school in a particular field or location.

If you attend a school that isn’t accredited, you might not be able to get any financial aid. The U.S. Department of Education requires that schools participating in our federal student aid programs be accredited. Also, your state education agency’s aid programs may not offer financial aid at unaccredited schools."

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/prepare-for-college/choosing-schools/consider

.>>>>

That’s a cool story…and not what he stated…you want to teach your kids to be idiots by saying humans and dinos lived together? More power to you. Do it in your home, it has no place in schools.

1 Like

That’s funny…we dont get a say in your kids education when it’s our tax dollars but you do…good ole hypocritical zanny…

1 Like

Pushing the idea that slaves where better off if they accepted christ is ■■■■■■■ stupid. It doesnt make their situation better. They are still slaves…as an agnostic you should also find this stupid. A fully funded private school can teach whatever they like in so long as they met state standards on the basics. A partial private school is blending church and state and that’s an issue…not that I think scotus would shot it down given the current make up.

Gonna use the 1st amendment because they are Christians to allow this

No one has said that.

sure. you always have an opinion