Florida private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-private-schools-curriculum-downplays-slavery-says-humans-and-dinosaurs-lived-together/ar-AAzpuF3?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

Here is the problem with “school vouchers”.

Some private schools in Florida that rely on public funding teach students that dinosaurs and humans lived together, that God’s intervention prevented Catholics from dominating North America and that slaves who “knew Christ” were better off than free men who did not.

The lessons taught at these schools come from three Christian publishing companies whose textbooks are popular on many of about 2,000 campuses that accept, and often depend on, nearly $1 billion in state scholarships, or vouchers.

For those that support vouchers, do you support our tax dollars funding funding the blending of religion and education? Should these type of schools be required to meet the same standards as traditional public schools?

This school needs to bring in Ann Coulture’s books as text books and watch Hannity every morning to start.

2 Likes

There is an effort out there in which people want to minimize the brutality slavery in the West, specifically here in the United States. They want to downplay it’s long lasting social and economic impact while others want to say it was some sort of divine blessing that Africans ended up in the United States. It’s shameful in my opinion and like the Jews, we should have the same attitude and mentality slavery as they toward the holocaust, “Never forget” and/or “Never again”.

1 Like

This is a feature, not a bug for many here.

1 Like

The education system in the U.S is a mess.

This has nothing to do with Trump. It is the deranged view some cons have on how we should spend our tax dollars.

I suppose keeping people under educated does help Republicans and cons promote their agenda.

1 Like

Not if you are rich. Then it’s fine. Just like health care.

Sad, but true.

What is controversial about Christians who believe slaves who accept Christ are better off than free people who don’t. Seems rather self-evident if you start with the premise that their faith is correct. If you had to pick personally would you rather be a slave for 75 years on earth and spend eternity in heaven or be free on earth and burn in hell for eternity?

1 Like

Indeed. Reagan successfully enacted the war on education,(and unions) and has systematically been bringing the quality down ever since (with help by many Dems as well)

They would privatize the world, in order to make a buck…under the guise it is better than ANYTHING a government can do.

It is a travesty.

Beats the deranged view of liberals that government should have absolute say on what parents choose to teach their children. I would much rather share space with some people who were taught people and dinosaurs coexisted than people who believe what I teach my children should be dictated by the government.

2 Likes

I blame Hollywood… see “One Million Years B.C”… sorry… on my phone or I’d post hot picture of Raquel Welch

The vast majority of government schools, are run at the local level. The local people generally set the standards. Basic facts should be taught, not religious dogma or blatant un-factual revisionist history.

1 Like

I would rather not have my tax dollars go to religious schooling, or education that say slavery wasnt that bad.

What I teach or have my children taught is none of your business.

2 Likes

Then win more elections.

Who said you can’t teach your children lies at home? We’re talking about using tax dollars to teach children ■■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Thank you! Nothing could illustrate the incredible danger of these fairy tales being maintained in today’s world better than that post.

I’m sure you constantly apply that same logic to the position of radical Islamist, don’t you? After all… They only want to save your soul zantax.

2 Likes

It’s amazing that that is what it will take to keep american children from being taught slavery isn’t that bad and creationism.

How the hell is this a partisan issue?

2 Likes

If it’s done with my tax dollars, it’s my business.

1 Like