Florida private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together

That insinuation is there whether it is explicitly stated or not. It is the inescapable logical conclusion stemming from widespread Christian doctrine. Nor does it follow that slavers should be blessed since as I mentioned, enslaving someone is not required to bring them the word of Christ.

Admittedly I shot through those pretty fast, so correct me if I just missed it, but I didn’t see anything disgusting like slavery was actually good because the slaves learned about Christianity when they were brought here.

1 Like

Can you provide any evidence these schools taught slavery was good, as opposed to it is better to be a slave who accepts Christ than a free man who doesn’t, which as I mentioned is an inescapable logical conclusion stemming from widespread Christian belief that accepting Christ is the only path to salvation?

zan, you perceive this through your normal hyper partisan lense, so we both know there is no length you will not go to in order to defend it.

Public funds should not go toward teaching any religious doctrine to any kids in this country. No matter what the religion is.

You are wrong to be defending this.

Good luck and Allahu Akbar.

No college should take graduates of those schools

I don’t think this whole dinosaur living with men thing would have worked out too well. :smile:

(Note: Video contains good ole Hollywood style violence.)

2 Likes

Pretty sure I mentioned being taught manifest destiny in public school. By the way, should teaching something false also result in pulling public funding for Universities, or public schools for that matter, or is that rule only applicable to religious private schools?

Trouble is, you are punishing the kids, who didn’t have a choice in the matter.

Instead, there should be an opportunity for the kids to take a period of remedial education if necessary and be given a chance at enrolling in college.

Religion is partisan? Why do liberals keep telling me the right doesn’t have a monopoly on religion?

Excuse me? Last time I checked it wasn’t private school or home schooled kids who are the most in need of remedial education.

Actually, I home schooled my own children, but NOT for the purposes of filling their heads with idiotic nonsense like young-earth creationism.

And yes, these kids will need remedial education towards debunking the young-earth creationism they were fed and teaching them proper science.

I am sure their English and Math skills are fine, their Science, not so much.

History as well, apparently they are being taught that everyone lived in harmony until people stirred up trouble during the civil rights era.

Doubtful. It’s not as if they weren’t taught science, they were taught one erroneous small part of science which is unlikely to come up much unless they major in archeology or something, they can probably whether missing that one question if it comes up in a test otherwise.

Case in point, my neighbors daughter, home schooled, holds that belief and just graduated Suma Cum Laude with a criminal justice major. Pretty sure she treats it as a religious belief that is separate from her college classes. I seriously doubt she would have put it down as an answer to a science question.

with all the oppression that Jews and Black people endured and continue to endure, do you think that the two groups have arrived at comparable economic and educational levels?

True enough. Voucher programs are wrong. This is more proof of that.

Vouchers aren’t scholarships.

…so to prove they weren’t saying slavery was good for the slaves, you use a hypothetical in which it is clearly better to be a slave.

Nope, saying that according to Christian doctrine it is better to be a slave who has accepted Christ than a free man who hasn’t is not a discussion on the merits of freedom or slavery, it is a discussion on the merits of salvation.

It is a discussion that clearly says, in teh context of salvation, slavery was the better of the two choices. Which is to say, slavery was better for the slaves than freedom.

These “private” schools, are partially funded by tax dollars.

So it is the business of tax payers.

(helps to read an article you are responding to…which is why it was linked…don;t be so lazy, con.)