Florida private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together

:wink:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m sorry, were they advocating enslaving someone? I don’t really care if Islamists think I would be better off in the long run if I was a Muslim, it is only when they cross the line and attempt to harm me or others that I become concerned.

Point being, it goes without saying that according to Christian doctrine it is better to suffer on earth having accepted Christ than to have a good time here and not have done so. It’s an inescapable conclusion whether they say it in so many words or not.

Oh no zantax, you can’t draw lines for others and their faith.

You are the one that wants to work from a point of view that their faith is correct. The good people of ISIS are therefore only doing God’s good work.

Allahu Akbar brother!

1 Like

Shrug. If you believe in heaven and hell that last for eternity it goes without saying that comparatively speaking, what happens to you while your here is far less important than where you end up for the rest of time.

1 Like

I don’t get to decide what is and isn’t acceptable to me? I am fairly certain I do.

You are perfectly welcome to home school, or pay for a 100% private school.

I am also perfectly free to put in my two cents as to where and for what our tax dollars are used. I was taught quite a few whoopers in public school by the way, manifest destiny anyone.

Allahu Akbar brother!

Don’t forget about a newly trending topic…The Earth is Flat!

:joy:

I am an agnostic. Which hasn’t made me stupid. Christianity has always maintained it is better to accept Christ and suffer than deny him and prosper on Earth. That is why Christians eaten by lions were venerated. I am sorry if your education failed you and you are just discovering this.

What the private schools teach is none of your business.

So those slaves should be happy? And you don’t think you are doing the same thing the radical violent muslim extremists are doing…lol…you are too much.

If they are using our tax dollars, it is.

Not really. Don’t like what they are teaching then remove the tax dollars. Or not.

Your only options.

Are we even giving scholarship money or is this just an argument based on possible future scholarship money?

Happy to be enslaved? Of course not. Is that what the schools were teaching? Seems far more likely it was a theological discussion of whether it was hypothetically be a slave and go to heaven for eternity or to not be one and burn in hell for eternity. Which doesn’t say anything about slavery being a good thing, since it’s rather obvious that slavery is not the only path to learning about Christ.

I guess the nuns at St. Theresa’s must have forgotten to go over any of that during my eight years there.

Fairy tales should be kept out of schools that rely on any public funding unless they are openly identified as such. Whether it is the ■■■■■■■■ that a slave who believed the fairy tale was better off than any free man, or that killing infidels will gain you great rewards in the after life.

If you defend any of that stupid ■■■■ being supported by public funds then you defend it all. Stop defending stupid ■■■■■

3 Likes

The nuns never mentioned Christian martyrs who faced suffering on earth rather than repudiate their faith? Hardly seems possible if you are referring to nuns of the Catholic persuasion.

Oh and

Of course it does. The insinuation is that those slaves brought here in chains and taught about baby Jesus, were far better off than they were before back in their homeland with no chains living as free men.

God bless the slavers for saving those poor lost souls. Allahu Akbar brother!