Florida private schools' curriculum downplays slavery, says humans and dinosaurs lived together

My understanding is this isn’t scholarships. Tax funds are being given directly to these schools to cover basic operating expenses.

No. It’s a discussion saying choosing Christ is the better if the two options.

3/4 of this state is under educated. Sometimes I laugh along and sometimes I’ll start a friendly discussion about some of the ignorant ■■■■ I hear on a daily basis. If it weren’t for the weather and the music and the nightclubs and the beaches and the food and the wildlife and the fishing…………….

They got fed didn’t they? Geez why all the outrage.

Don’t forget FLORIDAMAN! Not the hero we want, but the hero we deserve. Only seen in newspaper headlines.

Sauna from the end of May to the end of October, no thanks. :smile:

There some decent weather from December through March, but as for the rest of the year. :slight_smile:

Ack!!

Some classic Floridia stuff there man! Where do you think half those Seen At Walmart pictures come from LOL.

Do NOT go to a 24 hour Walmart at three in the morning without a camera.

Doesn’t sound like a real private school.

Sounds like fake news… “Some”…lol!

Yes, slavery was very bad. Most of it was done by Islamic traders.

You are right in that I didn’t read it the first time. I have read it now however and I would respond that you still don’t get to set the curriculum.

Why should the left get to set the curriculum because the school receives some money that went to the students first?

If you could bring enough pressure maybe the government would withdraw the scholarship/voucher money going to kids attending those schools.

If the religious schools are serious about setting their own curriculum instead of nonchristians or even antichristians then they will not bow to pressure and just bid those students a fond farewell and good luck.

The one’s I’m aware of are not.

Read this

http://www.hsc.org/establishing-your-own-private-school.html

“A private school has been defined as “any school, whether conducted for profit or not, giving a course of training similar to that given in a public school at or below the twelfth grade, including but not limited to schools owned or operated by any church.” (Vehicle Code §492.) This broad definition includes home-based private schools as well as private school cooperatives and private school satellit programs. Whereas some of the private school programs operated by others may benefit some families, many families establish their own private schools.”

Want to home school your own brat? fine. Establish yourself as a private school and collect funds from the state.

Wow! That’s an eye opener.

You mean the Nuns and Priests that pray to statues and have medallions of “saints”? The priests that want you to call them “father” and intercede for you as though they are something more special than the common man who can pray directly due to Christ’s sacrifice?

Geeze, do you know that every Catholic church has some kind of relic hidden they think powers their church? Talk about fairy tales? Really? “Hey, let me pray to this statue or Saint cause, ya know they somehow have magical powers.”

Slavery still exists today for heaven’s sake! If you give ■■■■■ do something about it TODAY instead of wallowing with those who want to be “victims” capitalizing on the past of people they’ve never even met or care about. God’s sake, those in slavery probably would have kicked the butts of these “victims” of the past to hell and back if they were alive today for the opportunities they have that they never were allowed.

Dinos and men living at the same time? That’s some wacky larnin’ going on at that there school.

That said, SCOTUS has ruled in cases like this before in regards to vouchers. If they are given to parents and not institutions then they do not violate the Establishment Clause. Personally I’m not especially keen on the idea of a child being taught this sort of nonsense at taxpayer expense, and I would hope parents receiving these vouchers wouldn’t sabotage their kids in such a way. From a legal standpoint, however, there’s not much to be done about it.

I’d say they come out deficient in biology, history, and archaeology.

1 Like

I never collected a cent from the State while home schooling. Continued to pay school property taxes as well, so I was funding both the public schools and my own efforts simultaneously. :smile:

Home schooling need not be pricey and in fact many States such as Florida have State provided home schooling options that don’t cost anything beyond the school taxes you already pay.

No religion. That’s all.

You know any Universities teaching religious ■■■■■■■■ like this? I don’t want public funding going to them either.

And there is a difference between the study of religions and what the article in the OP described.

Hey, you don’t want to be called on your normal partisan goggles?

Don’t post stupid ■■■■ like this

Is the assertion that these private schools don’t meet accreditation criteria? Being accredited is not complete control of the curriculum.