Financing Abortion Travel

Actually

10 Myths About Pregnancy In Your 40-s | Motherhood Center.

Nobody female who hasn’t experienced a complete menopause, bilateral tubal ligation or hysterectomy gets hired at this rate.

I’m going with the laws of probability…not absolutes. :wink:

So would euthanasia for some employee’s spouse who develops cancer. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s a matter for each individual company to decide for itself.

I may not like that a company does that, but it’s not my place to do something about it (unless I happen to work for such a company.)

And now they have a free advertising platform for it to boot. HR is certainly relieved that this came along. Imagine how awkward that convo would be without States taking their rights back. :rofl:

1 Like

Would I want my employer to know I had an abortion…

Mmmmmmm

I am.

IF abortion travel expenses are covered by us, I will no longer refer qualified candidates for job openings and will encourage those jn need of such a contractor to seek another.

That’s hitting ‘em in the wallet, the bottom line.

Plan B pill costs about $50 name brand and as little as $11 generic. So what does the dosage for a drug induced abortion vs the deductible for elective procedures under health plans? I suspect that the cost of a drug induced abortion won’t exceed the deductible.

You should do the honorable thing and quit instead of sabotaging your company from within.

I don’t see it that way.

There are other qualified candidates unknown by me, & a sales team that brings in new business.

It’s referrals from one little person that will simply dry up. They’re not falling off the map due to various employees not supporting them on this issue.

Not commenting on the nobility of your cause, but expect someone to find out. They always do. And the outcome could be employment ending. Be ready to pay the price for your actions.

1 Like

It’s been exceeding the deductible since it’s invention.

You’d be surprised how many simply go to work there and don’t refer new talent or business.

One, if friends ask if they’re doing any hiring there, says no.

It’s a company with some excellent benefits, but a pressure cooker of an environment and they’ve in recent years really begun shifting to the left. I’ll be preparing for a worst case scenario, but no matter what I’m still not supporting the financing of abortions travel.

Taking a paycheck from a company while intentionally harming their business is immoral, in my opinion.

And you have yet to explain how I’m intentionally harming their big business by not referring job candidates or potential patients when that isn’t even my job.

There is personnel and sales. When they don’t want to do those jobs, there’s a problem.

But one little person closing one of 1,000,000 doors and not encouraging others to do the same?!

Dude my door is closed if they finance travels for that procedure. But 999,999 doors are still wide open.

Okay, if referrals aren’t one of your duties, I can see your point.

If you discovered elective abortions were a covered service under your health insurance plan would your opposition to this benefit go as far as making you decide to resign?

Its not a gotcha question because if my employer went down a route that came into conflict with my own beliefs and moral code I am not sure I could resign. It might make a hypocrite but I also have to live.

1 Like

Ah, yes!

Hallelujah!

That is the crux of my argument!

Another poster is correct in asserting that resignation is the noble path. He or she is 100% correct. If one knows a company’s values don’t match theirs, that is the correct action to take.

However, there’s only so far to be gone after age 50 on principles. A second job I could tell was a personality mismatch, plus I’m chemically sensitive and don’t expect any employer to change their supplies for little ol’ me.

After over 20 years in the same field, it won’t be as easy to begin again. I got these conventional desires like eating, and, in all fairness to Company X, the benefits are pretty decent and there’s no watching over my shoulder. Heck, employees could even choose another contractor for X’s services, but would pay a heavy out of pocket cost.

So, to answer your question, if I discovered elective abortion was a covered service, I would not resign, having more base needs as well as activities I enjoy that require $$. Money talks the loudest.

I don’t think your employer sees your medical expenses.

I know I have no idea what my employees do with the insurance plan we give them.

Doesn’t matter if they do or not, all that matters is if women think they could.