Finally, an actual INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK

The phrase was “ignorant rubes from rural America”.

I have no problem allotimg money to fix roads and bridges and whatever tunnel Allan was talking about if those roads and bridges are the federal government’s responsibility…in other words I live in Texas I should be more concerned about DFW and I 35 than some tunnel in New Jersey…and vice versa.

This recent bill goes way beyond roads abs bridges spending a massive amount of money we don’t have on things that aren’t infrastructure…

It’s already passed time to kill the next even bigger behemoth spending bill we can’t afford.

2 Likes

Like what. Be specific.

Yes.

1 Like

You’d think the dems would take the bipartisan win and calm down.

1 Like

libs and RINOs are not bi-partisan. They are the same thing… Get rid of RINOs in :us: 2022 :us:

Elect a real president in 2024 and get of unelected handlers. God help our federal republic. :us: Make American Great Again :us:

Let’s go Brandon. Maybe Trump did win :thinking: PS I do not believe it but sometimes the though comes across my mind. Especially when I see no accountablity with the One Horse Dog Faced Pony Solder who soiled his panties…

1 Like

It was cheap swamp cohesion to keep Trump marginal.

It might not be enough.

Biden is not a leader. That doesn’t suddenly change.

1 Like

They won’t have a chance.

This will feed the inflation cycle.

1 Like

Ahh, so they pay, government gets the money and holds it, then they get back only what they pay. Interest free loans are awesome.

1 Like

Good luck

Don’t need luck.

Yep. In the same way the New Yorker can’t see how repairing a bridge in your district benefits them.

Here’s your actual Biden infrastructure policy. That senile old fart and the idiots around him are considering shutting down yet another pipeline.

“ The Biden administration is reportedly weighing the potential market consequences of shutting down an oil pipeline in Michigan, drawing criticism from opponents. Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Biden’s energy secretary, predicted Sunday that heating prices will rise this winter regardless of the Biden administration’s decision on the pipeline. “Yeah, this is going to happen. It will be more expensive this year than last year,” Granholm told CNN.”.

Later in the same Fox News story…” Jason Haynes, the director of environmental policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, blasted the Biden administration for its energy policies, telling Fox News that their work on Line 5 is “just one more example of being divorced from reality.”…“They’re planning to power an industrial nation like the United States on solar panels and wind turbines,” Haynes said, while noting that even the solar panels and wind turbines require “oil, natural gas, nuclear and even coal” to be produced.”

This comes just a few days after that idiot energy secretary that Granholm woman laughed in the face of a man asking a perfectly legitimate question about domestic oil production.

This is your actual Biden infrastructure policy folks…make Americans dependent on the rest of the planet for energy.

3 Likes

Oh hell yes you do. :wink:

New York is the economic engine that supports red taker states.

And if you’re talking about the Portal Bridge, it has nothing to do with the subway.

Hey, if it was such a big deal, where was the complaint back in '93 when the tax went from 12.7% to 16%. It wouldn’t have to be done in one year. They could raise it 5 cent per year for six years and nobody would even notice the difference compared to the pretax price increase by the oil companies and world producers. In the mean time, we would see billions more dollars go into our crumbling roads and highways that are so enormously critical to our economy.

I’m not getting your drift here in context with my post. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I see your point, my response was to the chain in general and more directly addressing @zantax

Just wait until voters see their heating bills this winter.

2 Likes

So I agree with this, insofar as a use tax seems fair. But I would honestly like to hear you square with @WuWei 's point: it does seem that this tax is going to cut working men and women deeper.

Especially in light of this new “gig” economy, where it seems like every third car is a person driving for a living.