Finally! A Law That Makes Sense!

No, it was sophomoric ridicule. Try to be better than that. Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

You should really read the article. The hole you’ve dug is pretty deep already.

1 Like

A student is disrupting a class, playing music on his school computer, the teacher tells him to turn it off, doesn’t, the teacher reaches to do it himself, the student hits his hand away, calls the teacher a cracker and the teacher picks him up and removes him from class. The parents are now suing.

He needs to go to an outward bound program.

What hole? I know a Dem offered the bill. I was responding to the conservative reactions in this thread. Cons love laws just like libs do apparently.

1 Like

Deeper. Need a pick axe to get through that rock?

1 Like

I’m willing to compromise. We issue a cell phone carry permit to those worthy.

Universal Background Check
Fingerprints
Texting Competency Exam

All at applicant’s expense. Plus $125 processing fee.

National Student Grade database so government can assure their grades aren’t slipping.

All phones and accessories in a national registry.

Carriers and manufacturers can be sued if the owner texts and drives.

Texts will be limited to less than 10 per minute. We need phones that go Pew! Not PEW! PEW! PEW!. Nobody needs a smart phone for hunti… school. The founders could only envision flip phones.

We could have a law that you can have a phone, but no games until 21.

3 Likes

side issue, but at what age should rec pot be allowed?

Good! That teacher needs to do a little county time to learn humility.

There should be a limit to the number of texts. Can’t have 25 text blasts going out every minute. 10 per day should do it.

1 Like

It takes a village!

It’s in my law. 10 a minute.

Since the parents believe the teacher’s method is wrong, I’d require a parent to sit in a corner of the classroom for one week, to insure their child behaves properly. If it occurs again…two weeks. Again…4weeks and keep doubling parental participation until the problem is resolved. If this was done, nationwide, this problem would not exist…IMHO.

1 Like

35 is the new 15.

When a student uses actual text messages (1’s and 0’s) to kill a bunch of fellow students… then we can talk. How much radiation does a text message generate when sent over the air? I guess if I pointed my cell phone at little Johnny he may get cancer?

Exactly what?

Ah yes. Much less restrictive. What if they group text? Things could get ugly.

How should it have been handled IYO? How much time should the class be disrupted over this?

14 teenagers a day die because of texting. We’re a civilized society, not The Wild Twitter.

There is blood in the streets.

2 Likes

As much as the young member of society wants.