Finally! A Law That Makes Sense!

From Vermont. Hopefully it passes then becomes centgov law.

“I’m not going to push for the bill to pass,” he said. “I wouldn’t vote for the thing. This is just to make a point.”

Fight for it!

“I’m not going to push for the bill to pass,” he said. “I wouldn’t vote for the thing. This is just to make a point.”

That point: In Vermont, it’s illegal for anyone under 21 to buy a firearm. Rodgers suggested that the same age restrictions should apply to cellphone use.

That’s two more good things to come out of Vermont…this…and WhistlePig, :sunglasses:

1 Like

I hope it becomes a country-wide movement.

A perfect demonstration of the conservative belief that more laws and government restrictions are the solution to any problem.

I can add as a parent, that for me and most every parent I know, our children’s cell phones are a vital way to remain in touch and essential to children’s safety.

2 Likes

Good Lord.

2 Likes

The conservative cooptation of God as a conservative Republican – as stated at Trump’s recent Florida rally – is worthy of its own thread. But it does not belong here in a thread where we can all contemplate the conservative embrace of government regulations and government solutions.

…until you read the article. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I won’t allow my child to have a cell phone. I know where he is at all times because I’m his parent. If I put him in the care of another, they have phones. Cell phones are a distraction from their learning and maturing socially, IMO.

2 Likes

I hope they’re able to pass this legislation to protect the children so I don’t have to.

1 Like

Did you move to Australia?

A lot of people die from irresponsible teen cell phone use each year. This is for their own good.

4 Likes

Think of the children!

4 Likes

The only take away from this is he’s freaking retarded for comparing the Second Amendment to a phone.

1 Like

Scared?

That trusty gun app will save my life

I tried that. Around middle school girls pretty much do all their socializing around their phones. For my daughter, it was a phone or get left out of everything.

Boys aren’t as bad.

And then you read that its STILL. A perfect demonstration of the conservative belief that more laws and government restrictions are the solution to any problem.

Oh boy :joy:

You probably keep computers from them too lol.

Except their not.

Party of freedom suggesting more restrictions, say it isn’t so :joy:

1 Like