Federal Spending Most Since 2009 (Bailouts/Stimulus)

They’re growing again. Lots of Q nuts at fat donald’s rally last night.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1111489128644968448?s=21

1 Like

I honestly think that when future historians look back upon this era that they will wonder if an enormous prank is being played on them.

It is all just so stupid.

Dangerous times my friend. I don’t take these idiots lightly.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a slap in the face for those who started believing that we actually live in a post modern world.

Me included in some ways.

It was never about the debt.

1 Like

Relevant quote:

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Don’t believe everything that you read on the Internet.

— Abraham Lincoln

2 Likes

At this point, I want to elect Democrat in 2020 just to make GOP care about the deficits again.

1 Like

Why? Did anything change in 2012? Democrat president republican Congress. Still deficit spending

I miss all of the posters from the old board that were tea party patriots. They would be completely outraged right about now.

From 1-20-2009 to 1-20-2017, the Republican party greatly cared about debt and deficit spending. Before and after that period - not so much. Why that particular period and not before and after ? I fear we may never know. :frowning:

1 Like

They’re relegated to the bullpen until the right topic comes along.

5 Likes

I thought the movie “Idocracy” was about the future.

1 Like

Not too sure, but I think “family values” was 1A.
How have these people sold their principles?

In appears they were sent down to the minors, took a few shellackings and are now working at McDonalds.

1 Like

Those who claimed to be fiscal conservatives and backed Trump have lost any credibility at this point. Spending up, revenue down, deficits up - yeah, this is irresponsible to the point of being incompetence.

You know that the next time a Democrat sits in the Oval Office all the Republicans will never to being fiscal conservatives. Happens every time.

1 Like

That when you tell them to go ■■■■ themselves.

1 Like

Wow not a single post from a trump supporter here. It literally is amazing. After all those years whining about Obama, who actually cut the deficit he inherited by 60%+, inherited 800,000 jobs being lost a month and leaves office with an about $500bil deficit.

Trump and the GOP come in and double it at full employment and increase spending back to 2009 levels, in TWO years.

TWO YEARS.

And crickets.

4 Likes

The bullpen seems like a very toxic location. I hope that those that are immersing themselves in such bile do not become consumed by it.

1 Like