Federal Spending Most Since 2009 (Bailouts/Stimulus)

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/federal-spending-hits-highest-level-bank-bailout-and-obama-stimulus

Oh and tax revenues are at a 4 year low.

Think about that.

The GOP gains control of everything, double the deficit, increase spending and decrease revenue…during FULL EMPLOYMENT.

Good thing they no longer control the house.

Please Tea Party patriots, we need you now more than ever!

7 Likes

I am shocked… shocked I tells ya that the fiscal conservative Trump supporters are not commenting.

List of excuses.

Rinos
The dems would do worse
Government is too big
Millenials want free stuff
welfare queens

I am sure others can add to it.

Eliminating deficits and the debt are phase II of the plan. We’ll just have to vote him a second term to see what’s in the plan.

1 Like

Being in the tea party was more fun when we could also tell Obama to go back to Kenya, now it’s just about budgets and deficits and SO BORING.

6 Likes

Lots of Trumpers show read that linked article. But it’s hard and has lots of numbers. Such as:

The federal government spent $1,822,712,000,000 in the first five months of fiscal 2019, the most it has spent in the first five months of any fiscal year since 2009, which was the fiscal year that outgoing President George W. Bush signed a $700-billion law to bailout the banking industry and incoming President Barack Obama signed a $787-billion law to stimulate an economy then in recession.

At the same time that federal spending was hitting this ten-year high, federal tax revenues in the first five months of the fiscal year were hitting a four-year low of $1,278,482,000,000.

2 Likes

I saw this coming when they passed the tax cuts. Absolutely unforgivable if you are fiscally conservative at heart.

3 Likes

Crickets from Trumpists.

1 Like

It was inevitable.

Tax cuts never result in an explosion of revenue, even though they continually sell it as such.

The lesson that supply side is a fairy tale will never take hold.

It will keep being tried over and over and over… with the same results happening each time.

Everyone knows you have to double it before you can eliminate it.

At some point the number will get so high it will tick around to zero again.

2 Likes

More from the OPs link:

After federal spending hit an all-time high of $1,936,268,470,000 (in constant February 2019 dollars) in the first five months of fiscal 2009, it eventually dropped to $1,595,941,280,000 in the first five months of fiscal 2014. That was the lowest level for the first five months of any fiscal year in the last ten.

Federal spending climbed from $1,702,631,750,000 (in constant February 2019 dollars) in the first five months of fiscal 2018 to $1,822,712,000,000 in the first five months of fiscal 2019.

1 Like

GOP governance: Wildly escalating spending, tanking tax revenues.

At full employment and a stable economy lol

Who were the 3-4 posters here who kept calling Obama a Kenyan?

I consider Reagan to be a good president, I owe a lot to his administration but his implementation of supply side and Iran/Contra will forever leave a stain on his legacy.

Think about what trump supporters and trump voters are telling their kids and grand kids. They’re basically telling them that they like 1 or 2 of trump’s policies more than they like their kids and grand kids themselves (and their futures).

That’s hardcore.

7 Likes

This is just sickening. And it is no surprise that not a single Trump supporter is in here trying to defend this. It is indefensible. And the reality is that they don’t care. So many people have been exposed in the Age of Idiocracy…excuse me…the Age of Trump.

6 Likes

The two that I remember were Avgbear and the other name escapes me right now, but she had an avatar of some dude that starred in the Battlestar Gallactica series.