Federal judge: asylum seekers cannot be sent to mexico (4-8-2019)

Amnesty is not an offer.

It is an offer. One that you dont like. But thats part of negotiations, give and take.

Allan

Don’t fix your problem then. I don’t care.

I don’t know what the solution is, but I do know that the Republican side of the aisle is the one that always seems to be turning down all the offers presented.

No, it isn’t.

Negotiations are my way of the highway…thats worked out really well for the president. LOL

Allan

I don’t have a problem, I’m a citizen and the members of my family who aren’t come in legally.

Amnesty is not an offer.

Amnesty is non-negotiable for both sides.

Do you need me to explain the nuclear option?

1 Like

We duh. A political enemy of the President rules against him. Shocking! They also ruled against The U.S. and in favor of foreign nationals.

Nope, but if you can go back in time and explain to Republicans in congress that Democrats won’t hesitate to use it the next time they can regardless of what they do, that would be a help.

Which party was the last one to use it again?

The legislative nuclear option? None that I am aware of.

The Other Party

That ship has already sailed. Started with Reid, continued with McConnell, and the dems will use it on legislation the very next time they get a chance regardless of what the GOP would have done in the last two years.

But hey it makes a nifty excuse.

So you weren’t basing your opinion that the Democrats wouldn’t hesitate to use the nuclear option on anything but feelings?

Wrong

It was yours?

Usually when one says “the other ___” it’s from a personal frame of reference

No, I was kind of going on things high profile democratic candidates for President have said. You know, like this.

from Elizabeth Warren calls for eliminating Senate filibuster for legislation

WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential contender Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., on Friday called for a significant change to Senate rules whenever Democrats retake control of the upper chamber: eliminating the filibuster for legislation.

I don’t belong to either of the two, so I don’t have a personal frame of reference. I was borrowing yours.