Federal deficit jumps in July by another $77 billion

“The past (Obama) administration was the first administration that never had a whole year of 3 percent growth."

Earth to Conant. Debt and deficit are NOT the same thing. How does this have to be explained to you?

Yes the dept for typo.

Why does it matter whether it’s a calendar year? He had 4 consecutive quarters of growth, twice. From the article:

“While Roskam’s claim is accurate when based on annual GDP growth figures between 2009 and 2016, there are other ways to look at the data, such as from one quarter to the same in the previous year. Doing so reveals economic growth has surpassed 3 percent during two periods of Obama’s presidency.

1 Like

Now you’re splitting hairs.

The rate growth year to year.

No, you’re splitting hairs by arguing about calendar years instead of whether he had 4 consecutive quarters (aka-a year) worth of 3% growth, and he did, twice.

If there were a Department for Typos, they’d have fined you a long time ago.

Trump is yet to have 3 percent growth in a calendar year.

i say we all just start considering the debt and the deficit to be the same thing. that way we don’t have to constantly explain it.

They (congress) need to cut spending.

1 Like

I’m a master at typos. You have a problem with that?

If so take it up with someone that gives a ■■■■■

That’s right he hasn’t.

Fact remain…Obama never had 3 percent growth in any calendar year.

NEVER!!!

Maybe they should tax at levels high enough to pay back the debt then cut the taxes as costs like interest on the debt decrease.

Maybe they should tax canada and leave me alone.

No it appears you are. You say:

‘’…Obama… never receive 3 percent growth in calendar year…

I’ve asked: Is 3% in a calendar year vs 3% in 4 consecutive quarters really meaningful or spin. Please explain if different.

So…Is there a difference or are you spinning?

It’s how they rate it.

Don’t like it…change the the way they do it.

|2009|$14.449|$15.209| -2.5%
|2010|$14.992|$15.599| 2.6%
|2011|$15.543|$15.841| 1.6%
|2012|$16.197|$16.197| 2.2%
|2013|$16.785|$16.495| 1.8%
|2014|$17.522|$16.900| 2.5%
|2015|$18.219|$17.387| 2.9%
|2016|$18.707|$17.659| 1.6%

You can organize it however they want.

I’ve asked: Is 3% in a calendar year vs 3% in 4 consecutive quarters really meaningful or spin. Please explain if different.

So…Is there a difference or are you spinning?

You’re the on that’s spinning baby.

Don’t like how they rank it…change it.

How am I spinning?

Please explain if different.

Is that so hard?