Federal deficit jumps in July by another $77 billion

What? It’s called WINNING

it’s not splitting hairs. They are facts.

And obama didn’t double the deficit. His first year in office, the nation was not running on his budget, nor was it a product of his policies.

He cut the deficit in half by the time he was done.

Sorry that is inconvenient to your worship of all things Trump, but they are the facts.

3 Likes

It’s curious the way liberals and Democrats become fiscal conservatives when they are in the minority and don’t hold the presidency. Do you ever wonder if Democrats step forward during the budget negotiations with proposals to reduce spending? I do. They don’t want to lower corporate taxes, which is fair enough but in an attempt to negotiate a compromise they are only interested in preserving higher tax rates and not joining with Republicans to make the deep cuts that are needed. I am not happy with Trump’s budget but the corporate rate cuts are expected to pay dividend as wealth is repatriated from offshore. The proof will be in the pudding I suppose. Of course with increases in military other spending with no counterbalancing cuts we remain on an unsustainable path.

I don’t have a magical solution but how about the idea of giving the president a line item veto?

They voted Trump because they couldn’t stomach Hillary’s corruption.

It’s like trying to cure poison by drinking stronger poison.

Says the guy rationalizing Trump’s $1trillion deficit at full employment after only 2 years in office lol

Sure they have offered ways to cut costs. The Medicare for all if done right will cut costs.

Cutting corporate taxes is not where near as effective as payroll tax cuts for companies hiring.

Obama decreased spending as a % of GDP and took the massive deficit he inherited and cut it by more than 50%. Clinton had a booming economy and left office with a surplus. Trump, Bush, Reagan blew up the deficits, Bush leaving office with record deficits. Looks like Democrars are always cleaning up your mess. You’re like the child spilling milk then pointing at mom cleaning it up saying, see she was there when the milk was on the floor!!

It’s sad that you have been reduced to this talking point, you are forced to include the Bush depression and only discuss “calander year averages” to hold onto the narrative you were brainwashed with for 8 years, since every positive metric is on the same exact trend as under Obama, but now it is… the “best economy ever”!

2 Likes

Good little soldiers arent they

Tax cuts have NEVER been shown to pay for themselves nor improve the economy.

Tax cuts don’t pay for themselves, but putting a big chunk of money into the economy can help.

Except deficit spending to put a chunk of money into the economy makes no sense in a strong economy.

1 Like

Except deficit spending to put a chunk of money into the economy makes no sense in a strong economy.
[/quote]

There are downsides, but if you’re on the winning side of the big tax brake, you probably don’t care so much.

2 Likes

The great recession of 2008 caused by the real estate collapse is most certainly the fault of both parties. There was the bipartisan Community Investment Act and regulatory failures by officials in the Clinton and Bush administrations. Both parties supported easy mortgage loans and both ignored the signs and symptoms preceding the collapse.

3 Likes

You may have overlooked my question in your busy, busy day, to this post of yours, so I’ll ask again:

Is 3% in a calendar year vs 3% in 4 consecutive quarters really meaningful or spin. Please explain if different.

Refute his assertion if you can.

Damn right it was the fought of both parties.

Clinton put it into motion, Bush was warned about the dangers but instead campaign on it saying more people own homes then ever before.

Think was we seen what was happening during that time. And we also knew it wasn’t sustainable.

Are you trying to spin it?

Candidate Trump: I’m going to pay off the national debt in 8 years.

President Trump: Deficits? What deficits? Oh, those - I’m just running those deficits so I can pay off the debt in 8 years…

1 Like

You guys better set Political fact straight.

Says that under the Obama administration, “the debt has nearly doubled.”