FEC chair calls on Trump to provide evidence of NH voter fraud

It’s a shame our POTUS banned daily briefings. Would be nice to ask a question about this claim.

His daily briefings are listening to Fox News

Oh I don’t know, maybe because states refused to cooperate and turn over the records and data they were asking for?

from At least 44 states refuse to hand over all data requested by Trump’s “fraud” commission.

At Least 44 States Refuse to Hand Over All Data to Trump’s “Fraud” Commission

Kris Kobach was asking for names, addresses, voting history,and other personal information like the last four digits of social security numbers.

Small government conservatives should be thankful that the States refused this blatant attempt at Federal overreach.

10 Likes

It’s very difficult to admit you support a nut.

Denial is a base defense mechanism.

1 Like

All the information they asked for is available publicly. It’s laughable that you think the government doesn’t already have access to those items. Oh no, the federal government might find out the last four digits of my social security number. Where the heck do you think a social security number comes from?

2 Likes

Smellen?

1 Like

I presume you are using intelligence in the loosest possible fashion.

1 Like

Sure.

Even that hippy Republican Secretary of State from Mississippi told to them to go jump in a lake… or the Gulf of Mexico,

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/880897729152638977

It was an overreach and an unnecessary one given that there was zero proof of widespread voter fraud. There is no reason to give the Federal government large databases of personal information to pursue an unfounded fever dream.

4 Likes

Given the theory is older voters tend to be more conservative in their voting patterns, that would mean that Trump got millions more votes than he should have got.

I would recommend that the USA sends some people over here and have some meetings with the Australian Electoral Commission.

And? I don’t really care if some republican secretary of state gets his knickers in a bunch of providing a Presidential fact finding committee information that is already available to the public, which includes all but the last four digits of my SS#, which is already obviously part of the federal record if not the public one. It’s entirely possible Democrats aren’t the only ones with something to hide when it comes to voter fraud now isn’t it?

1 Like

When 44 out of 50 States refuse to hand over large databases of data to the Federal Government the small Government Conservative argues that it is the States that have something to hide.

B
O
N
K
E
R
S

7 Likes

I am unaware that the federal government having a stake in free and fair federal elections was frowned upon by small government conservatives. And allow me to correct something, databases of publicly available information is what we are talking about. Or in the case of the last four SS numbers, information already in the possession of the federal government.

so if it is publicly available why didn’t they just go get it?

2 Likes

Because 44 out of 50 State Governments have something to hide… obviously.

3 Likes

Why did Red states similarly resist Kobach’s request?

Never mind. Answered.

2 Likes

I would imagine they were trying to save time and money by having the states give them the database. I mean I know it’s publicly available in my state, anyone can see if I voted in the last election, what my party affiliation is etc, with the exception of the last four SS numbers, it’s all online and readily available to the public. Which does not mean it’s in a form that is useful to the commission as is. I mean, they can’t look up every person who voted and hand copy the information into a database, well they could but it would take an enormous amount of time and manpower.

Agreed BUT if it was as rampant as stated why didnt they spend the extra time to get it if road blocks had been erected? Obviously it wasn’t considered that important in the end OR the data they did get didn’t tell them the story they wanted to hear

2 Likes

Stop and think about what “getting it for themselves” entails. How many man hours are we talking about?

Standard feature for a politician if you ask me. Though admittedly Trump has taken it to new heights while simultaneously not being very good at it.