Feb Jobs Only +20k

I blame global cooling…

Because we hit full employment employers are going to raise wages to attract workers.

Just as predicted.

We were near full employment when Trump entered office. Median real weekly wages rose faster at times under Obama. Sad.

Agreed. Wage increase was pretty good.

This is a querstion they hate and will never truly answer…

Those were cooked books… they are ice cold now.

Trump… along with many republican mouthpieces claimed unemployment was 40% in 2016…

Now they are saying we are near full employment…

Yet they cant point to the 100 million jobs that are needed to accoint for the difference…

How did we go from 40% unemployment to 3.8% in 2 years?

1 Like

"We have the lowest labor-force participation rate since 1978. There’s all sorts of ways the government plays with statistics. For example, have you noticed late the unemployment rate has gone down, what is it, 5.9% or whatever it happens to be. You would think, ‘Oh, this is a good thing. My government is telling me the unemployment rate is down.’

“The government doesn’t count people that are chronically, long-term unemployed. So the number is smoke and mirrors. The number is a lie.”
-sean hannity

Nobody admits they ever bleated about fake numbers or labor participation rates. It is as if it never happened.

1 Like

The business cycle began to improve after the 2009 recession…and continues to do so now.

They all did it. but now a R is in charge and somehow amnesia strikes.

Here is a blurb from the link.

“The labor force participation rate held at 63.2 percent in February and has changed
little over the year.”

so the “great” Trump presidency has been unable to move the number. just like lets say Obama.

Allan

1 Like

Some are even posting on this thread, expressing great praise for the numbers they used to question or eschew.

1 Like

The longest streak of continuous jobs creation in recorded history stays alive for another month! (Barely.)

The US economy has added jobs in every single month without fail starting in October 2010 and continuing through February 2019.

That’s pretty cool! I hope the streak continues for years and years.

4 Likes

I do too. Its a crazy streak. People dont even comprehend the idea of a monthly jobs report that is negative. Its been awesome times. But that might be coming pretty soon. Unfortunately.

Do you think it’s improving at a faster pace now?

No. There is little place to move when employment is below 4%.

I’ve pointed that out several times here, but Trump supporters don’t seem to understand this VERY CONSERVATIVE fiscal approach.

If you aren’t RAISING TAXES and PAYING THE DEBT during good times economically, when in the hell do you plan on actually doing it???

Seriously Trump fans, WHEN??? Tell us all. We’re waiting. That extraordinary debt is costing us hundreds of billions in interest.

3 Likes

There’s been this mythical pool of people who want jobs but aren’t looking because they’ve fallen completely out of the market.

That was the line when it was Obama’s unemployment rate.

That just never materialized.

Hmmm. The unemploymemt rate was 4.8% when Trump was sworn in. Funny that trump wasnt using the “full employment” talking points back then, being only 0.8% away.