Feb Jobs Only +20k

If they weren’t they are now.

1 Like

Watch him get a China deal.

That is less then canada a country with a population of 30 million

And nobody voted for Hildawg.

??

I did. Both primary and general election.

One report does not make a trend, just like the two reports prior to this one did not mean all is well. Also the Markets response was not panic as the Dow closed over 200 points above the low in the morning. Nonetheless, we will likely see volatility continue through the month of March until the next jobs report and more importantly the next quarter of earnings.

1 Like

Then why in holy butt was trickle down one of the rationalizaS for the February 2018 tax cuts?

1 Like

You’re a joke. God I wish we could actually talk about real things. Things like the giant corporate tax cut didnt pay for itself. Didnt stumulate the economy to pay for itself. I’d love to talk about where our nation goes. About social security. Medicare. Age requirements, raising the paytoll tax, and raising other rates. We will have to pay. Fr

I’ll take a crack at it. First point, which is really a question, what exactly was Obama’s economic vision? Also could you please tell me what grand economic policies did he implement? Second point is that by all measures the recovery during his presidency was rather sluggish. Here are a few perspectives on that:

Last point. The middle class did not do well during that time either, hence one of the main reasons Trump was elected. Here are a few perspectives on that:

All that being said tough to be fair to Obama and Trump, economies - especially global economies - are not subject to will of one person. The ignorant always give too much credit to the president when the economy is going good and too much blame to the president when the economy is doing bad.

Fair enough, but when one literally compares the unemployment rate for one group to mean he’s not only not racist, but the most not racist and all those people love him, he gets more scrutiny.

He claims the greatest economy ever…he gets pushback cause anyone who knows history knows thats crap. And if he’s going to claim ridiculous things(and people who actually know economics and statistics sit and bite their tongue) when there are public figures that he cant hid or twist, some people like to talk about them.

Yet.
Yet.

Simply googling some links amd carpet bombing the thread with them isn’t helping the discussion. Do you have any thoughts on the matter? Yes we are aware that many economists did not like Obama’s approach.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, here are my thoughts.

The “Obama” economy was that of caution. The severity of the economic crisis made people afraid to invest and afraid to take risk. This climaxed into Obama being sworn in when we were losing 800,000 jobs a MONTH. Since the stimulus package, ACA, and tax hikes on upper income earners (2012+), we saw the longest sustained job growth in history, a massive reduction of federal deficits, trippling of the stock market, and unemployment was about 4.7% when he left office. Seems pretty damn good to me.

Americans on the right seem to want to and think we should be partying economically all the time. Rapid growth is just as dangerous as negative growth. Caution is thrown out and you get bubbles. And once again, the right is more concerned with giving tax breaks to the rich, rather than investing in the workers. We’ve been down this road in the 2000s. Ironic that its a real estate guy as POTUS taking us down the same path.

2 Likes