Explostive story on Beto O'Rourke held by reporter till after election

Was this during the time where you could make long distance calls with a Cap’n Crunch whistle?

3 Likes

Ahh, the Ted Kennedy defense. Effective.

Could you rephrase this question? I don’t understand this post.

Who did he specifically say he did it to? And why do you believe something now when you don’t believe anything he says now?

Not on a computer modem you couldn’t do that.

Why did the reporter agree to hold off on a story?

Then in the story say voters need to know the information when he wrote it?

Isn’t that kind of a confict between what he wrote and what he did?

That was earlier, in the 60s and 70s.

I have one of those whistles. My uncle gave it to me as a present a while ago. He says he’s got a Blue Box somewhere too - he claims it’s an original Wozniak.

1 Like

As I read it, the reporter suggested that he would hold off until after the election.

Where in the article did he say that “voters need to know the information”?

how exactly does who matter in the context of the quote?

Either he did, and to whom is irrelevant, or he didnt which would make him a liar, which i was told by a certain other poster on this site, he doesnt do.

Dont try to play those kind of games.

Wozniack? What a loser… once a hacker, always a hacker… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stick with the driving drunk thing.

That one people might actually care about.

1 Like

I agree. The drunk driving thing actually could have endangered people’s lives. I’m not sure how many people are going to get upset that Beto stole long distance service in the 80s.

When I first read about that in the early 90’s it blew my mind that something so stupid could basically give you a magic power.

Sure worked for bush…oh wait…

2600 magazine was the bomb… :thinking:

1 Like

Well we know of one person…seems to be worse than cheating on your wife

Or maybe the story here is that we are supposed to be outraged about the press burying stories.

As if no other important agency has done this very recently for a very important race.

Among the questions voters should ask, she said: “What was the violation? Was it egregious? What does it say about their character – do they believe the rules don’t apply to them?” If substantial time has passed, she added, voters should decide whether the person “learned the error of their ways and no longer engages in those kind of behavior.”

Funny how you people don’t read the links that are put up.

Second link were I linked the actual story.

Voters SHOULD ask

Voters SHOULD decide

Yet the author decided to agree to hold the story until AFTER the elction.

Why would he do that if it wouldn’t be bad for Beto?

Why would Beto not want the article BEFORE the election if it was going to be neutral or good?

That’s a quote from some ethics professor, not the author of the article.

Ding ding ding

We have a WINNER.

Why would Beto not want the story out right before the election?

Why would the author says voters should have the information in his article that he ran AFTER the election?