Even too liberal for Whoopie

I feel sorry for today’s Germans they have things now called 2nd and 3rd generation holocaust survivors. Basically we are going to hammer Germany over something their great grandparents did for forever.

yes i know. thank you for your opinion.

2 Likes

No, you argued that it wasn’t.

Just going to slide right by the fact that you agree with Whoopi but also thinks she hates Jewish people?

I siad 8the graders so pg13 and you brought in the movie. Not me.

If the movie included everything in the book, the rating would be X, if the actors were really the age of the characters in the book, go to jail. And yes, I brought in movies, because we have mostly agreed that children are not ready for certain content as a country.

That’s because you are visualizing the content and not the point of why it was published to begin with. It’s an absolutely ridiculous metric.

Based on this premise Poe, Shakespeare, and 1984 have no place in school

1 Like

Some of it. Sure.

Maybe that’s why?

1 Like

That’s a pretty scary thought. Visualizsation of content as a metric for what is appropriate for children… not a good way to educate children.

1 Like

It isn’t like there is a shortage of books without explicit adult content to study in elementary and middle school.

Good question. Wonder why.

So the only thing obscene about explicit sexual content is that readers visualize it? And how are you supposed to not visualize a scene you read?

I am not talking about elementary.

8Th grade is a specific age. Denying teaching teenage angst because of the explicit nature of teenage angst is a scary premise to me.

Might want to keep reading.

Nobody is objecting to mere angst.

She didn’t describe her sexual or drug experience with any explicit detail. It was discussed not described.

Are you suggesting she tried to appeal to the widespread German influence in Hollywood? Really?

1 Like

Mere angst is multifaceted. Teenagers are barely human with barely a modicum of understanding not only of the human experience but the world around them. Showing them how teenagers act while teaching them right and wrong way to act is still teaching tjem.

In the end it doesn’t matter what you or I think, it matters what the local parents think.