"Evangelical" trump doesn't recite Apostles' Creed at GHWB funeral

Neither was asking for mustard.

Or putting one’s feet up on the desk in the Oval Office.

But here we are.

Which scripture? The Apostle’s Creed is not scripture.

I never heard of the Apostle’s Creed.

Good for Fat Donald.

He took a knee, figuratively speaking, of course!

No one should ever, EVER, feel compelled to recite a prayer, an oath, or a pledge that one does not wish to recite, for any reason.

Nor should that persons actions be condemned by others.

None of our business why he remained silent, for a change.

Why does that matter? Bottom line is the cheeto was visibly hostile and didn’t want to play with the other kids.

Of course they would. Your party has never missed a chance to take offense at innocuous statements from Obama. You guys invented manufactured outrage. Trying to lay claim you guys wouldn’t take offense at this if Obama did it only serves to prove that we know your party better than you do.

1 Like

Not all Presbyterians.

That is a valid point.

Its just something that caught on with the left. They were looking desperately to complain about something. They thought this was it. It wasn’t. It was a nothing. It was less than that. That is why no one would have done it if it had been Obama. The chances that someone else would have decided that this was a something would have been too slim.

omg whatever you say dude

The church that Trumpmwas raised in was the First Presbyterian Church in Queens.

It is PCUSA… the same church organization that I was brought up in.

We said the Apostles Creed.

:laughing:

God what hilarity.

What was the punishment if one time while it was being recited, a member did not recite it?

The same punishment for wearing a tan suit.

1 Like

Where were you for the entirety of the Obama years? And the Bush years? One party picking at the other has been going on for a long time. You are kidding yourself if you think that Obama wouldn’t have caught crap for this. Yeah, it’s stupid, but the Rs would have been just as stupid if the shoe were on the other foot.

Probably UP when Trump was growing up.

That said, weall know Trump’s a nominal Presby at best.

Probably as nominal as I am.

I still say the Apostles Creed when I go to church with my mom for Christmas.

It’s the polite thing to do.

There would have been so many damned threads and posts from the angry Right religionists stating how President Obama not reciting the Apostle’s Creed was proof positive that he truly was a Moslem it would have made our heads spin.

Remember the outrage and threads here when he simply failed to put his hand over his heart like the others on stage during the National Anthem.

Yeah, no one on the Right would have even noticed him not reciting the Apostle’s Creed if it had been him instead of Trump.

My goodness Trumplicans are funny!

Is it polite if everybody knows you don’t believe it?

1 Like

Here is the thing… no one knows explicitly what I believe

One would think that the President, with Base rooted firmly in Christian Evangelicals would be there reciting along.

I am going with my theory that he needs reading glasses and is too vain to wear them in public.

I just find it funny that for eight years the tiniest stupid thing was always seen as a sign of disloyalty to the country but this gets a big old yawn.

It shows to me that maybe the outrage wasn’t all real… but maybe manufactured for political expediency.

Nah… no one would be that cynical.