Electric Cars are coming- no need to drill in Alaska

Sue me, I still keep tabs on Yellowstone seismic activity, that and sunspots.

Ironically, what they are predicting is the onset toward the next ice age. Interruption and eventual collapse of the Antarctic overturning current will cut off the engine that drives the currents in the Atlanta that move warm equatorial water toward the poles. This will greatly reduce seasonal ice melt, particularly in the Arctic. As the sea ice moves south into the north Atlantic, it will also increase land ice … which will reduce temperature … which will produce more ice … and so forth.

Somebody has to.

And no, that is not snark.

It had better start soon, or scientists will have to go back to global cooling theory again

and

TESLAs come with no spare tire.
They also require special tires and or tire tools so when you have a routine flat you need a specialize TESLA tire technician.
(Yeah take that on a long distance vacation)

EVs are heavier than comparable ICEs. Puts more wear on their tires.

1 Like
1 Like

Imagine someone inventing a car.

It looks like a good deal but to use it yous need
Special extra expensive tires
Special extra expensive tire service
Special extra expensive windshield fluid.
Special extra expensive pants
Special extra expensive shoes
etc…

I think those are called “German luxury cars”.

1 Like

Not that I am a fan of this, but there are alternatives…

Chevron showcases renewable gas blend as alternative to electric vehicles.

Yep … The alternative of trading food for fuel.

https://www.pepsico.com/our-stories/press-release/frito-lay-north-america-completes-first-third-party-electric-vehicle-shipment-in04132023

will have 92 Freightliner eCascadia trucks in its southern California intermodal operations by the end of 2023,

eCascadia is just a regular Cascadia with the unreliable parts taken out. Makes for much faster adoption timelines than something all-new.

It’s pretty easy to turn wood chips into fuel-grade alcohol.
And right now those are a major waste product.

For decades (centuries?) when we cut trees for lumber, we used to turn the waste into things like charcoal and paper. Then smart people in charge started telling us that paper and charcoal are bad for the environment so now loggers let it rot on the ground producing methane.

I can’t really comment on what plan they have since you did not state it and the article is linked to a paywall in a media organization to which I would never give a dime. However, I do see something there about doing whatever they are planning before the government forces them. So yes, to the extent they are avoiding being forced by the government they would do this even if they didn’t agree that it made sense by itself.
As to electric cars, they currently make sense to the upper middle class who can charge in their own personal chargers overnight and have at least two cars, one of which is fossil fuel and can be used for longer trips.
Providing all that “clean” and rapid charging energy at a reasonable price to the rest of the worlds population is a different matter. Overall, the world is going to want more energy rather than an immediate switch to designer energy.

This is what you will actually be driving, sir.

It’ll be fine, just don’t run into anything solid … perhaps confine your trips in it to the golf course. :wink:

Will go great with a tiny home.

1 Like

Speaking of tiny homes, my own personal radar keeps coming up with examples of condos (both townhouse style and apartment style) with A-S-T-R-O-N-O-M-I-C-A-L monthly condo fees.

If that truly is a trend it would explain the seeming popularity of tiny homes.
(IOW people are not really shopping-down in terms of sq footage, they are finding creative ways to avoid the relatively-new obnoxious monthly fees.)

1 Like

And some cricket casserole.

1 Like

Hydrogen fuel cells will eventually take over as green hydrogen technology improves.

1 Like