Electoral College - 3/11/20 - Trump vs Biden

It will be kind of sad if McSally loses an election. Is given a seat by the governor. And then loses again. What should one take from that?

McSally was an extremely stupid choice. She was defeated for the other Senate seat. She was literally the SECOND to LAST person (behind Joe Arpaio) that I would have chosen to appoint to that Senate seat. The Governor should have recognized her defeat as politically disqualifying her for appointment.

McSally is dead meat. Period. Even if Trump manages to carry Arizona, he has zero coattails, he will not be able to save McSally.

Looks like this argument is mostly academic, because a recession is absolutely guaranteed at this point.

1 Like

Don’t get comfortable. We need Pennsylvania. You’re still there right?

Yessir. Swing county of the swing region of one of the top three swing states. I was planning on doing some old fashioned shoe leather ground game for the first time in about a decade before all this. Now I probably have to ask the girlfriend for permission lol.

1 Like

Wear a mask. But for door to door stuff you should also wear a mask.

1 Like

Y’know, you’d think I’d be enjoying the fact that I’ll be casting one of the ten to fifteen million votes that will actually matter in the presidential race in an

kind of way but let’s be honest, no one should give a guy like me this much power over the fate of nations.

1 Like

I will still be casting a Pennsylvania vote.

Not sure for how much longer.

Might soon be a North Carolina vote.

Ironically, changing from a swing State to an emerging swing State.

What’d you think of the two North Carolina polls that came out this week? There’s the one Trump touted, and the other he won’t mention. Civitas and PPP(D) were very different.

Sounds nice.

Living in NJ I don’t smell pollution (anymore, I guess I’m so used to it) and I just wouldn’t feel at home without all the cars, people and trash. :smiley:

1 Like

I am discarding Civitas as an outlier.

That said, North Carolina is hard to poll, so even though Biden is averaging about one point ahead, I would consider North Carolina to be statistically tied.

I had my brother’s wife staying with us for one night a couple of weeks ago, during the last new moon. She liked my place during the daytime. The utter silence and darkness at night kind of freaked her out. :smile: She is staying now with my sister and her husband over in Hillsville, Virginia. They have some neighbor’s and traffic sounds to break up the darkness and silence. :smile:

It’s true.

I live in the suburbs and it’s quiet here compared to the city. That took some getting used to.

Personally, I’d love to see it blue again. I really like North Carolina. Lived north of Charlotte for almost two years. Parents live there. It’s a great state

Fortunately, it won’t go completely blue and I would rather NOT see that happen.

The distribution of the population should keep the State Legislature red, while Governors will likely shift between red and blue.

I am not worried about a Democratic Governor, as long as that Governor does not have the State Legislature behind him. :smile:

Fair enough. I’m all for party balance. Any one party in control goes bad. My “blue” comment was meant as electorally. But in all honesty, North Carolinian Republicans in the state house and senate are just insufferable. The ■■■■ they pull because they have a Democratic governor. They need some ■■■■■■■ humility. Like one cycle when they’re out of power.

They have been jerks, no doubt about that. :smile:

Just one cycle where its barely Democratic in the chambers. Just as a reminder.

I am all too cognizant of that. :smile:

The instant Democrats got full control of the Virginia government, they immediately went wild on gun control.

I think I will wait till we get closer to election to make any predictions.

This was speculation in August of 2016

To many unknowns and polls shifting daily. Will the economy be back in the running by the election? Will the market tank more or recover? Will the unemployment numbers go up or down? What will the debates look like, will Biden know where he’s at?

I will admit right now the favor is in Biden’s corner just for the fact that the unemployment numbers are horrible and since everybody’s locked down because of coronavirus he doesn’t have to go out an campaign and stumble over words. A lot can change better or worse before November.